don't click here

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG Snowday

General Information

A 3D Sonic Project, heavily focused on the Action and Level Design flow.

This time Sonic is visiting a Mountainous region, high up in the sky.
What awaits him? Just a fun Snowday...

This is a one-stage Demo for a fan project.

The Link for the Demo is in the Media section.

Minimum Specs required are hard to estimate at this moment.
But I'd assume if your PC can run Sonic Generations, it should be able to handle this game from my testings.

Detailed List Of Actions in the Game:

Spindash:
-Spindash-Charge
-Rev-up Spindash (While Charging it by tapping the jump button)
-Midair Spindash-Charge (Dropdash)
-Midair Curl
-Spin Rolling

Bounce Off of Enemies/Destroyables (Maintains momentum)
Air-dash OR Double-Jump (depending on how fast you're moving forward)
Homing Attack
Bound Bounce
Walking (in case you need to take it easy)

STH-SD_SAGE-Booth_thumbnail-02.png
STH-SD_SAGE-Booth_thumbnail-02.png

If you're interested in seeing previews & updates of this project, you can follow me on Twitter & Youtube.

Latest reviews

I love This game, I think with a bit more polish it could be great, but currently its kinda unpolished
Ronyplay
Ronyplay
Thank you FireDragon 👍
I like The game so well!! also, can you make it supportive of computer with bad graphics too.
Ronyplay
Ronyplay
Glad to hear.

I am always working on optimizing the game, and I do need to implement a Graphics setting admittedly.
Could I ask what PC specs you're running the game with, and how bad the performance was for you?
FireDragon2424
FireDragon2424
ronyplay thanks for working on optimizing the game
This has so much potential! I really like Sonic's physics and the way he controls. In a lot of the recent Sonic games from the past 15 years or so, like Forces and Colors, he feels too heavy/clunky and you don't have very good control over his movement, and the platforming has to be simplified in order to compensate for that. But his gameplay in this demo is pretty much exactly how I expect 3D Sonic to feel. He's fast without being out of control, and he has a nice floaty jump like in the Adventure games. I could see some really fun levels being built around this gameplay. I also appreciate the incorporation of the bounce, it's a really underrated game mechanic that I wish Sega would bring back. And it even runs really well on my 7 year old laptop which wasn't good for gaming even when it was new, lol. I really hope you keep working on this project!
Ronyplay
Ronyplay
That's awesome to hear!

And I'm glad you didn't run into framerate problems, as the optimisation was a huge priority for this project.

I hope the next release will live up to your expectations.

Have a good one. ✌
night sky artist/music
night sky artist/music
How do you put 5 stars?

Comments

Why is noone talking about this game? Doesnt use a framework it seems and the level design is so fun. Best Sage 2021 game hands down. Only issues were the animations where a little janky, and the running animations are to fast. Other than that im excited to follow this.

Why is noone talking about this game? Doesnt use a framework it seems and the level design is so fun. Best Sage 2021 game hands down. Only issues were the animations where a little janky, and the running animations are to fast. Other than that im excited to follow this.
Thank you for your kind words, and criticism.
Admittedly I think I may have dropped the ball when it came to promoting this one.
But I'm working on putting a trailer together, and maybe a new thumbnail.

Animation, camera, and some physics quirks aside, I quite enjoyed this! I mean, sheesh! The handling on the ground is just fantastic. There's a precision there that even Sonic Team has yet to get right. You can make such fine turns and adjustments without losing control.

I do wish I could invert the camera control. And, I don't like how you lose speed and control out of a spin-dash, which is a shame because drop-dashing is really cool when you can get it to work.

(Also, just an odd personal nitpick: I'm not a fan on the open-palmed run. I just think it looks dorky. However, the run you have going down the hill at the start is really cool!)

Animation, camera, and some physics quirks aside, I quite enjoyed this! I mean, sheesh! The handling on the ground is just fantastic. There's a precision there that even Sonic Team has yet to get right. You can make such fine turns and adjustments without losing control.

I do wish I could invert the camera control. And, I don't like how you lose speed and control out of a spin-dash, which is a shame because drop-dashing is really cool when you can get it to work.

(Also, just an odd personal nitpick: I'm not a fan on the open-palmed run. I just think it looks dorky. However, the run you have going down the hill at the start is really cool!)
That's great to hear.

Admittedly I had a feeling people were gonna take issue with the non-inverted camera control.
I should probably provide an option for those folks.

As for the spindash...that's 100% intentional.
There's a certain mastery required to maintain the speed from the spindash and dropdash.
Hint : You can manually roll out of a spin roll.

Haha.
I was wondering what people were gonna think of THAT run animation.
Well obviously I personally like it (because of my own bias), but I wouldn't be against giving an option to people who don't like it.

Other than that, I'm glad you checked out my fangame, and gave me feedback.
Thanks.

Edit: Oh yeah, and the dropdash's speed is determined by two factors.
1. How long the dropdash was charged for.
And 2. How fast you were going when you initiated the dropdash's charge up.

I hope that helps.

Last edited:
I loved this one! My only problem with it was Sonic running animation, his jog animation was too fast, and felt like SA2 jog animation.
But when you gets to top speed, it feels great!
Btw, what's your @ on twitter?

I loved this one! My only problem with it was Sonic running animation, his jog animation was too fast, and felt like SA2 jog animation.
But when you gets to top speed, it feels great!
Btw, what's your @ on twitter?
Haha, glad to read that.

Admittedly I don't have a Twitter; but now that you mention it, I probably should have gotten one for this project.

This project looks prima facia wonderfully impressive! I really want to experience it firsthand so I can form a proper opinion on it. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get the demo to work. It may be a consequence of my toaster all-in-one PC (and it'll be a shame if it is), but the program freezes at the "Created by Ronyplay" screen. Is this a known issue?

This project looks prima facia wonderfully impressive! I really want to experience it firsthand so I can form a proper opinion on it. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get the demo to work. It may be a consequence of my toaster all-in-one PC (and it'll be a shame if it is), but the program freezes at the "Created by Ronyplay" screen. Is this a known issue?
I've never heard of this problem until now.
Could I ask what kind of PC you're using (Operating System, specs)?
And also how you have set up the game from download to launch?
And if you receive error messages?

Just so I know what I'm working with.

Edit: Also make sure you're not running the game on "Integrated GPU", and instead "Dedicated GPU".

Item information

Added by
Ronyplay
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
4.14 star(s) 7 ratings

Downloads

More in Fan Games

Share this item