SAGE 2021 - Demo Sonic Riders X

Overview

A re-imagining of Sonic Riders and Sonic Riders ZG with our own ideas to put a spin on it.

Starting characters in the Demo:

Stages in the Demo:

Download Link
Sonic Riders X Demo

Join our Discord if you'd like!
https://discord.gg/nvCbESQaXs

And if you're interested in the original Riders
or competitive
https://discord.gg/6xwfaZc

Media

Updates

Sand Ruins
Added to the game​

System
Fixed a bug where having multiple controllers plugged in would not let the menu or levels work (Countdown stuck at 4)​
If this bug still occurs for you, try unplugging all controllers except one.​

Metal City
Bottom path on the last ramp is now an auto-path instead of an invisible rail​
Quarter pipes now launch you when going to the top​
Quarter pipe trajectories have been adjusted to more consistently land on the rail/dash ring​
Splash Canyon
One of the wheels in the beginning section was fixed to no longer rotate in weird ways​
The trick ramp at the end of the river now automatically launches the player​
Out of bounds triggers have been added to areas that didn't have any before​
Added collision to walls that could be bypassed using Fly type​

Credits

• @Ser Giygas (Modelling, Coding, Texturing, Materials, UI, Animations)
  • @BeatzYT3 (Interactable Modelling, Coding, Materials, Graphics, Object Placement, Environment)
  • Skyth (UV2Mapper)
  • Arg!! (SegaNNTools)
  • Snfn (Beta Tester)
  • PixelBolt (Beta Tester)

Latest reviews

Amazing proof of concept of a new and modernized version of Sonic Riders, which promises stage builders for the fans entertainment and more content ports from both zero gravity and the OG game.

Plays smoothly and responsively, very similar to the first game (maybe somewhat faster?) bringing analog based tricks back and the air meter with some tweaks and qof changes, like boost holding. As its only a demo is hard to describe what should be worked on and what should not, as its easy to step over irrelevant or known information, but these are the only main issues i had with this game:
- Side Jumping Ramps (Like the ones in metal city and Sand Ruins) can lead to weird undesirable angles rather than fixed jumps. specially notable when aiming to grind spots and flight rings.
- Frustum and Collision Culling in this game works very sloppily. The game thinks it should unload things that are still on camera view, creating flashing models coming in and out of existence, including some characteristics of the main characters and the scenario behind the camera, and worse when the camera is inside a non collision based object.

and that's pretty much it. everything looks and feels gorgeous. the basics look solid, lets see how far it reaches in content!
Man this sure did bring me back ... Good job, guys! Please take all the time you need on this project, health comes first, No matter what randos can say out in the internet!! Wish you the best in further development. Cya!
Please Update Metal City To Have The Automated Section Please
wow, a "remake" of sonic riders !? I wish it had multiplayer, I would love to have it.❤👌
Reactions: FelisMoon

Comments

Linux and Mac builds are on their way. We just recently got people that could test them for us.
I run both Windows and Linux, if you need someone to test the game on Linux and also directly compare performance on both OSs on the same Hardware im free to test it

I'm trying to play the game but it keeps stalling whenever I try to boot up the game and I'm forced to end task it.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3427U CPU @1.80GHz 2.30 GHz

System Type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

Windows Specifications: Windows 10 Pro

Any way too fix this?

Wow this has to be one of the best if not the best sonic fanmade game, honestly great work you guys. I just have a few questions. When will the multiplayer feature be available? And do you plan anything for a story mode? because you have all the files for the voices from the original game.

Looks very promising, it's like an enhanced version of the original game. The only thing I really missed there was a gamepad settings to map buttons.

The download link is not working, please can someone update it.
Edit: Its working now. Thanks!

Last edited:
I get message: "The code execution cannot proceed because UnityPlayer.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem."

I downloaded Version 3 and opened it with 7-Zip File Manager.

Any suggestions I can try to get it running?

Item information

Added by
Giygas&Beatz
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
4.69 star(s) 13 ratings

More in Fan Games

Share this item