don't click here

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG Snowday

I love This game, I think with a bit more polish it could be great, but currently its kinda unpolished
Ronyplay
Ronyplay
Thank you FireDragon 👍
I like The game so well!! also, can you make it supportive of computer with bad graphics too.
Ronyplay
Ronyplay
Glad to hear.

I am always working on optimizing the game, and I do need to implement a Graphics setting admittedly.
Could I ask what PC specs you're running the game with, and how bad the performance was for you?
FireDragon2424
FireDragon2424
ronyplay thanks for working on optimizing the game
This has so much potential! I really like Sonic's physics and the way he controls. In a lot of the recent Sonic games from the past 15 years or so, like Forces and Colors, he feels too heavy/clunky and you don't have very good control over his movement, and the platforming has to be simplified in order to compensate for that. But his gameplay in this demo is pretty much exactly how I expect 3D Sonic to feel. He's fast without being out of control, and he has a nice floaty jump like in the Adventure games. I could see some really fun levels being built around this gameplay. I also appreciate the incorporation of the bounce, it's a really underrated game mechanic that I wish Sega would bring back. And it even runs really well on my 7 year old laptop which wasn't good for gaming even when it was new, lol. I really hope you keep working on this project!
Ronyplay
Ronyplay
That's awesome to hear!

And I'm glad you didn't run into framerate problems, as the optimisation was a huge priority for this project.

I hope the next release will live up to your expectations.

Have a good one. ✌
night sky artist/music
night sky artist/music
How do you put 5 stars?
A bit too floaty for me. Other than that, this game has potential.
Reactions: Ronyplay
Ronyplay
Ronyplay
Hey, just wondering if you could elaborate on the 'floaty' criticism.
As I'm always looking into where I can improve the game.
J
JMS07L
When I played it, and jumped off a few hills or ledges, it just felt like sonic was falling really slowly. I would doble jump, and then have to wait a bit to land again. Maybe this could be combatted with a stomp? Again, this could be turned into something great!
Ronyplay
Ronyplay
I see.
I might end up making some changes there, since I've heard similar complaints.

And thanks for clarifying. ✌
Reactions: JMS07L
This game a lot of fun
PLEASE DO NOT GIVE UP ON THIS. There is SO much potential here. I can tell a lot of the jankiness of the game is just something that needs to be ironed out over time - like controls, collision, camera, level design, etc. And it wasn't even that bad. But I have ONE big suggestion.

ADD A ROLL BUTTON!

Is this the Bumper Engine? It feels like it is - and even if it's not, you should still add a roll button. You clearly understand how going down slopes and gaining speed is a big part of Sonic - and thats what I had the most fun with in the level. But it was awkward to initiate this high speed state as I had to stop and spindash in order to get it started. A roll button, preferably mapped to one of the bumpers of the controller, would help this game rise HIGH! A button that sends you into a curled state and keeps you in this state as long as you're moving forward. Keep doing what you're doing here and ironing everything out. There is so much potential here.
Ronyplay
Ronyplay
Hey I just wanted to say thank you for the words of encouragement.
But the Roll action you're talking about adding is already in the game, it's just the way you activate it is different from other frameworks.

To do a midair curl, you just need to tap either the Left Trigger or Right Trigger (Left Mouse Button/Right Mouse Button) while in the air (don't hold the button), then you'll enter the midair curling state.
And on the ground you can just tap any of the spindash buttons without having to charge up the Spindash.

Hope that helps.

And don't worry, the feedback I've received has helped me realize what needs to be done with this project.
I still plan for a full December release.
Sonic Robot
Sonic Robot
I'll be waiting, notify me when you released it.