The Rocket Engine is a Sonic Engine (or Framework... I guess) for GameMaker: Studio 1 based on the Sonic Advance series, using the Harinezumi Engine as a template, that I've been working on for quite a while now.
- Mostly Advance 1-accurate physics.
- 4 playable characters: Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Amy.
- All characters have their respective attacks and maneuvers.
- Chaos Emeralds (variables) are in: Super Sonic is playable.
- Background parallax system.
- Simple to understand: Based on Harinezumi / S8E, which is based on previous GameMaker Sonic engines, so the structure of the engine is pretty much the same.
- Rail grinding like in Advance
- Underwater system
- Capsule system.
You can either get it from this page, or you can download it from GitHub.
Bugs / glitches, or other stuff that I'm aware of:
- The result screen tile/background warping, it's minor but I know it's noticeable. It can be fixed but I'm not entirely sure of how and it's just a test level so I'm sure if one were to use it normally they could figure out a solution to make it work better
- The physics / some of the attacks may not be entirely accurate, but I'm still not a GameMaker expert, so please excuse me.
- Grinding isn't the most functional...
- When exporting the game, my PC kept detecting it as a virus and deleting it. There's a chance your PC or your browser might detect the exe as a virus. Do not worry, it's not a virus, I have no idea what even is triggering the anti-virus lol
- Coding: SoniKast, A.NB, Soup Taels
- Graphics: SoniKast, WizToad, Dimps, Taymen The Hedgehog, Domenico, Moe
- Beta Testers: BriceTAS, Illias3000 / NexusShack
- Gimmicks: SoniKast, PVic, A.NB, Chasman86
- Physics: SoniKast
- Level Design: Dimps
- Music: SpeedVGM, Dimps, TheBlurCafe
- Sounds: Sonic Team, Dimps, rips by Mr. Lange, SoniKast and BlazefireLP
- Special thanks to A.NB (for genuinely 40% of the engine lol), the Sonic Technical Institute (character select code), Soup Taels (fixing Knuckles's swimming, really helped out in a pinch), Noah Copeland (Camera help), Alumae (probably wouldn't have continued this far if it werent for you), Damizean and RogueYoshi (for the very foundation of the engine) and SEGA for Sonic.