don't click here

SAGE 2023 - Demo Sonic Overdrive - Sage'23 Demo

General Information

Sonic Overdrive Logo-1.png

Sonic Overdrive - A personal Take on Sonic 4 episode 1 & 2 made lut of pure boredom.

Starring: [As always]
- Sonic The Hedgehog
- Knuckles The Echidna
- Tails The Fox
- Amy Rose The Hedgehog

The Stages: [At least for this demo]
1. Splash Shores Zone
2. Coal Forest Zone
3. Luminous Town Zone

Some Screenshots i guess:

screenshot100.png
screenshot101.png

Latest reviews

I love the sprite work in the levels its unique and very nice to look at, however I feel like the level design could use some work. The BIGGEST issue I have with your level design so far is enemy placement. In the first zone there are these green crocodile badniks that blend in with the grass when you're moving fast and there were lots of them. I found myself having to stop and spindash, basically holding down the entire level.

Your music choices are pretty good. (I heard some AshZone in there. Great Musical Artist!)

I didn't make it past the second act as there's a lava pit I kept falling into that doesn't kill you instantly unless you jump. I'm aware glitches are to be expected in demos so I can't fault you there. Just keep at it!

Overall, I see lots of potential. I'm really digging the original level graphics you've got going. I personally feel like you should follow this theme and spice up all the other game sprites. Imagine a Sonic that's shaded just as nicely as your levels! This would make for a really pretty looking game!

TLDR; I love your level sprites! Fix up that level design a little bit! Make badniks a little easier to see. Don't do green on green. Keep up the good work!
Reactions: YoannUlrichNdri

Comments

This is alright. It plays fine, but the level design is questionable. There are way too many crocodiles in the first level, and they blend in to the terrain way too easily. There's also a lot of iffy collision on hills and such. The fact the lava in the second level lacks collision is also very weird, as Sonic games pretty much always give lava collision. They might as well just be bottomless pits, as landing in them is instant death.

If you know a person can be running in a section of a level - don't put obstacles like crocodiles there. At least put something to stop the player before. It's only excusable if you know that player will 100% be at low speed at the moment.
Make your enemies highly contrasting with background color wise.
Made your background and foreground highly contrasting color wise, they blend together
Check the layer triggers, i got softlocked multiple times due to being stuck on a wrong collision layer before loops/ramps.
Make impassable walls have a different look to walls you can pass through.
The game has a lot of potential tho, so don't be discouraged, you can do it

Item information

Added by
YoannUlrichNdri
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
4.00 star(s) 2 ratings

Downloads

More in Fan Games