SAGE 2021 - Complete Megaman X in Sonic Blasting Adventure

Overview

This is a modified version of Sonic the Hedgehog: Blasting Adventure, featuring X and Zero from Megaman X series.
Initially, X was going to be a secret character in the original SBA, but the project was split in two. As the new updates came, Zero eventually became a playable character along with X.
X plays just like in his own games, using his good old X-Buster, dash and wall-kick. Zero's gameplay is based on X3, having two charged shots and a Z-Saber attack.
You can also collect four power-ups to increase your character's abilities:

Foot - Air Dash
Body - Reduced Damage
Arm - Double Charge Shot (X), Saber Shot (Zero)
Helmet - Quick Charge

Collect them all!

How to play:
F4 - Toggle Full Screen/Windowed
Left/Right Arrow - Move
Down Arrow (on floor) - Crouch
Z - Jump
X - Dash/Air Dash
A - Shoot
Spacebar - Skip dialogue

The package includes JoyToKey, which allows you to play the game with a controller.

Media

Updates

2021/08/27 - Fixed Armored X's injured sprites
2021/09/05 - More stuff added, bug fixes and some stage colors updated.
2021/09/27 - Ending screen background fixed. Now a message appears when you get a power up (example: "You got: Air Dash")
2021/10/01 - Fixed the power up message, changed Desert Dune and Madness City background colors

Credits

This game has been developed by one single person. But there are some people who deserve credits.
-Bluestreak94 - X's goalpost sprite
-Techokami, KnucklesT15, Mr. C - Sprite ripping (The Spriters Resource)
-WreckingPrograms - Game Maker Sonic Tutorial
-SEGA - Sonic Franchise
-Capcom - Megaman Franchise
Reactions: Ice

Comments

I hadn't played the original Blasting Adventure but this seems neat. I wish the controls were rebindable, particularly because pressing Esc instantly exited the game during a late-stage boss instead of bringing up a pause menu as I'd hoped for, but otherwise this is a fine mini adventure with gameplay and graphics just complicated enough to play while distracted by something else.

Item information

Added by
GustavoCazonato
Views
Comments
Last update

Downloads

More in Fan Games

More from GustavoCazonato

Share this item