don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog - Blasting Adventure

General Information

Sonic the Hedgehog - Blasting Adventure is a remake of three unlicensed games by Makon Soft/Yong Yong, Sonic 3D Blast 5 (GB), Sonic Adventure 7 (GBC) and Sonic Adventure 8 (GBC). Developed with Game Maker 8, it's a PC exclusive.​

It was born from an idea I had in 2009, in which I recreated the Ending theme from Sonic Adventure 7. In 2014, I began to learn more about game development in a college. And using what I learn plus a Game Maker Sonic tutorial, I developed a Sonic Engine.​

Initially, this game was going to be called Sonic Blast Adventure (Sonic 3D BLAST 5, Sonic ADVENTURE 7/8). Eventually the "Blast" was replaced with "Blasting", since there was already a fan game with this name.​

Different from the unlicensed games, in which only Sonic is playable and Robotnik appears only in the goal post, here you can choose between Sonic, Tails and Knuckles, and Robotnik is the final boss. The graphics, sound effects, soundtrack and controls were all redone, based on Sonic's 8-bit games.​

How to play:​
F4 - Toggle Full Screen/Windowed

Arrow keys - Move​
Z - Jump​
X (while jumping) - Insta Shield (Sonic), Fly (Tails) and Glide (Knuckles).​
Down Arrow + Z - Spindash​

The package includes JoyToKey, since I couldn't implement joystick buttons in the project.​

Even if the game is short, it has much more content in comparison with its "original" counterparts. I'm not the best game developer ever, but I've put all my effort in it.

Latest reviews

This is sooo cool (Just a thought) could u add boost pls.

And will tails come to?
Reactions: sanic da heg
P
possiblyamagicmage
I don't see how boosting would improve this, since Sonic games with Boost are designed around Boosting instead of just "here's a level not designed for boosting, here's the boost ability, go nuts".
That Coolest Account 3.0
That Coolest Account 3.0
This doesen't needs boosting, the game was designed to go over Sonic 1-styled controls and physics (SG/MD) so there's no need for a boost.
Also an Boost option would be pretty hard to coding and/or it would make the game almost unplayable.
MUCHO TEXTO
Edit: Also Tails is already playable.
The Sonic Master System/Game Gear controls fit in really well! And it's quite a BLAST to play. 10/10.
GustavoCazonato
GustavoCazonato
Thank you very much!

Comments

The art style is amazing! It reminds me of this one sonic game but I just can't put my finger on it. But the game runs amazingly! Great job!

I enjoyed it from start to finish. Simple and to the point. The bosses might be a bit on the easy side and there might be too many bottomless pits, but it's a short adventure with very tight air control, which allows for moving through quickly without missing any platform.

It may not have the genesis physics, but it works great. Nice idea taking inspiration from those bootlegs!

I enjoyed it from start to finish. Simple and to the point. The bosses might be a bit on the easy side and there might be too many bottomless pits, but it's a short adventure with very tight air control, which allows for moving through quickly without missing any platform.

It may not have the genesis physics, but it works great. Nice idea taking inspiration from those bootlegs!
I'm glad you like it.
The physics are based of the Master System/Game Gear titles, mostly Sonic 2.
About the bosses, I might improve them in next updates or in another project.
It's a shame I couldn't implement gimmicks, such as loops and switches. I still need to learn it.

Last edited:

Item information

Added by
GustavoCazonato
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings

Downloads

More in Fan Games