don't click here

SAGE 2023 - Demo Sonic Outbound (SAGE '23 Demo)

General Information

sprite649.png
IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you are interested in this project, you can help us by joining our Discord server. We need more level designers, spriters, and a animator for the cutscenes (to replace these sprite animations I made)

Story

This game is set one year after Sonic Mania's bad ending where Robotnik had the Phantom Ruby and Chaos Emeralds in possession. After the final battle in the core of the Titanic Monarch, Robotnik was stuck in Little Planet and started collecting the Time Stones and preparing his greatest plan yet.

In the present, Sonic decided to invite Tails and Knuckles (but Knuckles rejects the invitation to guard the Master Emerald) to vacations on Heaven Shore, a pleasant beach he loves to relax in. Suddenly, Robotnik appears and attacks Sonic, but the second Sonic charges back, a fast creature flew into him. Meanwhile, Knuckles falls from the sky exhausted. Turns out this was Meta, a cybernetic fennec fox who is working for Robotnik. Meta had stolen the Master Emerald. Before leaving, Eggman shows the Time Stones, Phantom Ruby, and Chaos Emeralds he has in possession and leaves. Because of the scope of the problem, Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles agreed to take separate paths. Soon, they will discover a third foe, Fang the Sniper, who works with Robotnik as a mercenary.

About the game

This demo will contain a playable Star Light and Sunset Park to play. It has four acts, four bosses. Sunset Park is reimagined in such a way it is accurate to the source material (abandoned amusement park), and still feel fresh, and Star Light was updated, because Act 1 had barely any badnik and Act 2 was cut short.​

Plans for next demo

We plan to polish and replace every placeholder sprites, fix most bugs, and when this is done, we will make Heaven Shore. If we have time, we will make Techno Turret, or even Robotropolis, but we will see if we have time.

zone.drawio.png

Latest reviews

this fangame alotta potential but there is some goofy stuff i dont like so this is a list

necessary? complaints:
the starlight zone act 1 boss has a goofy hitbox
starlight zone act 2 boss is a bit too easy
train (choo choo yay wnhoisnhoin) boss took very long for me to beat cuz of these dang blue spikes running away from me! (please nerf the blue spikes im begging you)

unnecessary complaints:
please add an option for drop dash and shield to be the same button
you should also make the b button charge the spindash too
THE GIANT RAMP THING

thats the list. this game has alot of potential tho (9.5/10)
Project255
Project255
bosses were nerfed recently, but the update hasn't been released yet
P
i think this fangame have a really potential not like the first one
i was also surprise to see how the pixel art and level design is realy improved especially sonic
the story are also interesting and I also like the variety that has depending on the character
Last edited:
Reactions: Project255
Project255
Project255
Yeah, the first one was just intended to be a proof-of-concept, and it worked because we got 2 awesome level designers to join us
Really enjoyable game. I love the new sprites for Sonic they look super great. Level design is very nice and balanced. Physics are perfect. For most games (even big, mass-market. commercially released games) I usually notice 1 or 2 small things that can be improved on, but for me on my playthrough I didn't run into anything! No bugs, nothing. I agree with the other reviewer though, a cutscene skip button would be nice. One little small touch I loved was the SEGA logo twist and also the sketch of Sonic in the intro which helps the game ooze with personality and charm. Amazing work and thank you!
Reactions: Project255

Comments

Please don't make another Spider-Man lotus but in the Sonic fandom. the game is amazing and has a lot of potential. but then i went down to the comments section and saw some of your answers.... everything smells like Spider-Man lotus to me. keep on with the game and please... focus on making something solid and good instead of a "masterpiece".
Are you comparing me giving legitimate criticism to other fangames, answer back when people tell me I copied TT16, to Spider-Man Lotus, when the "lead actor Warden Wayne used racial, homophobic, and ableist slurs, sparking controversy on Twitter." ?

Are you comparing me giving legitimate criticism to other fangames, answer back when people tell me I copied TT16, to Spider-Man Lotus, when the "lead actor Warden Wayne used racial, homophobic, and ableist slurs, sparking controversy on Twitter." ?
i'm not accusing you. you just have the potential but you're not. and i like that. just keep it up. keep being a good person and get to work on the fangame. you have a game with infinite potential in your hands. it's good enough as it is. so keep it up.

i'm not accusing you. you just have the potential but you're not. and i like that. just keep it up. keep being a good person and get to work on the fangame. you have a game with infinite potential in your hands. it's good enough as it is. so keep it up.
????????????????????????

Item information

Added by
Project255
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
4.25 star(s) 4 ratings

Downloads

More in Fan Games