don't click here

SAGE 2023 - Demo Sonic Outbound (SAGE '23 Demo)

this fangame alotta potential but there is some goofy stuff i dont like so this is a list

necessary? complaints:
the starlight zone act 1 boss has a goofy hitbox
starlight zone act 2 boss is a bit too easy
train (choo choo yay wnhoisnhoin) boss took very long for me to beat cuz of these dang blue spikes running away from me! (please nerf the blue spikes im begging you)

unnecessary complaints:
please add an option for drop dash and shield to be the same button
you should also make the b button charge the spindash too
THE GIANT RAMP THING

thats the list. this game has alot of potential tho (9.5/10)
Project255
Project255
bosses were nerfed recently, but the update hasn't been released yet
P
i think this fangame have a really potential not like the first one
i was also surprise to see how the pixel art and level design is realy improved especially sonic
the story are also interesting and I also like the variety that has depending on the character
Last edited:
Reactions: Project255
Project255
Project255
Yeah, the first one was just intended to be a proof-of-concept, and it worked because we got 2 awesome level designers to join us
Really enjoyable game. I love the new sprites for Sonic they look super great. Level design is very nice and balanced. Physics are perfect. For most games (even big, mass-market. commercially released games) I usually notice 1 or 2 small things that can be improved on, but for me on my playthrough I didn't run into anything! No bugs, nothing. I agree with the other reviewer though, a cutscene skip button would be nice. One little small touch I loved was the SEGA logo twist and also the sketch of Sonic in the intro which helps the game ooze with personality and charm. Amazing work and thank you!
i give sonic outbound a 8.75/10
this fan game has a pretty good level design and quite of an interesting story ig idk
the level design is really well balanced, having alot of moments where you just go zoooooooom and times where you have to do a bit of platforming.
but my only issue are the bosses, the 1st one in sunset park act 1 could be a bit more balanced having a bit more of time to create more bombs, it's a bit too fast to actually dodge in time
on the second boss wasn't a bit of a deal on the 2 stages of it whoever the first one was a bit hard but nothing that hard you know but the second phase was easy enough for me to finish it in seconds so
make it a bit more harder pls, the third one on star light was really easy but i think the movement of the boss should be a bit more faster but not fast enough to make it unfair and the 4th one is a really
neat idea with the lights buut idk if it was meant to be like that but when the eggman is able to be hit again, sonic just get hit out of no where but idk if it was meant to be like that so idk.
a good addition would be a button to skip the cutscenes, it would be better ig since some players may speedrun it and doesn't want to waste too much time but just maybe.

anyways this fan game looks and plays really good and i have high hopes that this project will be a banger of a sonic fan game, huge props for this team for making this and well have a nice day everyone.
E
Eughy84
Hi all, this demo does not work. I have the following error.
FATAL ERROR in Vertex Shader compilation
ShaderName: sh_sage_bg

D3DXCompile failed - result

############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
called from - gml_Object_obj_sage_logo_Draw_0 (line 2)
Project255
Project255
looks like a graphic bug related to the shader I used for the SAGE logo