don't click here

SAGE 2022 - Demo Sonic Adventure DS

General Information

Currently features a port of Speed Highway. Runs on real hardware, give it a go if you can!
No objects besides springs and spinners are currently present, nor is audio present.
Recommended emulator is MelonDS 0.9.2, but if that's not available to you for some reason (i.e. lacking bios) Desmume will also work, if you're willing to put up with a long loading time
Controls:
A - jump
B - spindash
D-pad: move
L/R: camera
(Debug)X: hover

Known issues:
Some UV mappings are a bit funky
Some textures aren't properly transparent
Lighting is a bit strange at times

Latest reviews

An impressive feat to port this stage to DS of all platforms, but will it go farther than a tech demo? I guess we'll have to wait and see. The gameplay right now is not what the final product should have in my opinion.
Reactions: Sonicfan2022gaming
Sonicfan2022gaming
Sonicfan2022gaming
I wonder that to
Sonicfan2022gaming
Sonicfan2022gaming
I know how to download now go to 3 dots in the top right corner then click the file and it will download
Sonicfan2022gaming
Sonicfan2022gaming
Can you make a complete game of it
Just...A perfect de-make of sa1
  • Haha
Reactions: vamack
Asilasguy
Asilasguy
I just dont remember too
DJCARS
DJCARS
this is cool!
D
dannyb88
will not run on any emulator ive tried , still to test it on hardware. looks insane tho! 😀

Comments

Tested this on my DS, it works a charm! Really, really impressive work here. I also liked the nice stop animation when Sonic is running fast, that was a nice touch. Would be cool as a mini-game or something like that. All in all, good work.

Tested it on my 3DS using TWiLightMenu and for a tech demo it's great! my biggest issue is that sonic doesn't stick to the ground like he should, in the first ramp i keep falling off because i'm going too fast

This is sick! I have a huge soft spot for tech demos, de-makes and console homebrew games, but this one is genuinely impressive 😄 Hope you'll decide to expand on/repurpose it; it's got potential for sure.

Can you help me out?
I'm attempting to play the game on MelonDS 0.9.4 and on ysmenu both of them give me a black screen
MelonDS 0.9.3 and after has issues with homebrew using NitroFS for some reason. Use MelonDS 0.9.2. As for ysmenu, I'm unsure, but bear in mind it does take a short while to load.

Hi, I was trying to play this on Desmume but it just stayed on a black screen, would you happen to know why? Thanks.
Desmume takes a really long time to load it for some reason, but it should work if you give it a minute.

Rad! I always forget the DS could do 3D so well since not a ton of games had 3D elements. I will say though, if you want to pursue using this engine you've created, the camera should be a bit further above Sonic and angled down a bit.

Item information

Added by
Yacker
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
4.00 star(s) 2 ratings

Downloads

More in Fan Games

More from Yacker