don't click here

SAGE 2023 - Demo Mushroom Kingdom Fusion (SAGE 2023 Demo)

General Information

Mushroom Kingdom Fusion (or MKF for short) is a Super Mario Bros 3/World styled fan game in development since 2008. MKF combines the gameplay of classic 2D Mario with MANY other video games. From other platformers like Mega Man, Sonic and Castlevania to games from completely different genres like Doom, Halo, Tetris and Pac-Man.

From Metal Slug to Gradius.
From Metroid to Bomberman.
From Zelda to Contra.
The list goes on!

MKF currently features:
-17 playable characters including Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, Samus Aran, Simon Belmont and Arthur (Ghosts ’n Goblins). Each character comes with their own unique playstyle, weapons and power-ups.
-Over 200 levels spanned across 9 Worlds.
-Fusion power-up suits like Halo’s Spartan Armor for Mario, Duke Nukem for Wario and Eri Kasamoto for Roll.
-Guns from a variety of games like Metal Slug, Doom, Halo, Contra and Quake.
-Hundreds of enemies to keep you on your toes.
-Over 80+ bosses, including 9 World bosses, to test your skills.
-Controller support
screenshot107.png
screenshot208.png
screenshot118 (2).png
screenshot118.png
screenshot170.png
screenshot172.png
screenshot189.png
screenshot195.png
screenshot201.png
screenshot206.png
screenshot207.png
screenshot119.png

===============================================================
Download on the game's Itch.io page here: https://fusion-fangaming.itch.io/mushroom-kingdom-fusion
===============================================================

Comments

There's a name I haven't heard about since high school.
It feels a bit jarring to play after playing official Mario games for so long, but it sets out to do what it says. Lots of levels, running and jumping, and crossovers.

I was super excited to get to play as characters other than Mario, and uh yeah I would probably need to put much more time into this than just what I'm trying to share with all the other games at SAGE I'm keen on playing, but yeeeah for now all I got to experience here is just a typical Mario fangame with a funky charge-up fireball feature. And 2D Marios aren't a big thing for me, kinda just closed the game semi-disappointed for now. Will prolly give things another shot another time, when I'm more ready for a huge game such as this.

I was super excited to get to play as characters other than Mario, and uh yeah I would probably need to put much more time into this than just what I'm trying to share with all the other games at SAGE I'm keen on playing, but yeeeah for now all I got to experience here is just a typical Mario fangame with a funky charge-up fireball feature. And 2D Marios aren't a big thing for me, kinda just closed the game semi-disappointed for now. Will prolly give things another shot another time, when I'm more ready for a huge game such as this.
Noted, we will make sure that players are well aware of the fact that the pause menu on the world map has a character select option.

Noted, we will make sure that players are well aware of the fact that the pause menu on the world map has a character select option.
Oh boy, yeah I downloaded the game again (we played on my bud's PC earlier) aaand yeah, tried to see if there's even any slightest indication that one can open the character select like that, and nope there isn't. Well okay, there iiiis the F1 screen (which doesn't mention that the characters are unlocked from the start anyway), but that's like reading a manual, do think a central feature like a character select should be shown to the player a bit better. Or maybe even forcibly opened whenever the player starts a new game and/or loads a save.

Thooo yeah the reason for why we didn't even think of trying to open the pause menu is becos we both (me and that bud of mine) kind of just assumed we have to beat the first world before we get to the "fun part", and that maybe the characters other than Mario are exclusive for each world. We did use the warp and kinda visually checked the other worlds, that was kinda the only hint for us - "oh that looks megaman themed, maybe we can play as megaman once we get there and then unlock him for the other worlds" etc. We had only seen the 10 or so seconds of the game from the SAGE trailer, scrolled through the page here, and yeah just downloaded the game and got playing.

Last edited:
Game is great! I must ask, are you guys taking suggestions for future playable characters?

Item information

Added by
dooki51
Views
Comments
Last update

More in Fan Games

More from dooki51

Share this item