don't click here

Cosmic Boll (SAGE 2023)

General Information

1691350272529.png

Cosmic Boll is a roly-poly brawling game revolving around incredible action.
Roll, Run and
FIGHT!
Rack up big combos in 5 hot blooded stages!
bolinhaartwork1.png
Controls:
Arrow keys to move!
A to jump!
S for normal attacks!
D for special attacks!
W to dash through most attacks!
E to switch Core Orbs!

Dash and roll to boost!
Block at the right time to parry attacks!
Press Up+D to use super moves!

imagem_2023-09-01_183719184.png

PTBR: Cosmic Boll é um beat 'em up em alta velocidade para você descarregar o estresse do dia-a-dia. Gire, Corra e LUTE! Acumule altos combos em 5 fases redondamente eletrizantes!

1691350398526.png

Main link for post-SAGE updates:
https://yoritoshi.itch.io/cosmic-boll

Author's Twitter:
https://twitter.com/TheTwosdayCoder

Latest reviews

Cosmic Boll is one unforgettable experience! This game draws on eclectic sources for inspiration and they all show in the game play! Part 2D Sonic side scrolling platformer, part Dragon Ball Beat 'em up, this game offers one unique game play experience! The art too looks like it draws on many different sources for inspiration. The levels look partly inspired by Sonic and Patly inspired by Yoshi's Island. The MC's design reminds me of Kirby too! I've been following this game since it was at SAGE 16/17/18, and it is always a pleasure to see it return!
I look forward to coming back to it after SAGE!

Comments

Really cool game, controls have a bit of a learning curve due to the nature of how your different forms change what the button combinations do. I think there's at least 3 ways to do a forward dash. Might be better with some omission. Also neat to see a Clickteam Fusion game on here. It seems impossible to make a game with the engine without introducing some jank to it but there wasn't anything that ruined my experience from it. I do think I got softlocked in stage 1-2 towards the beginning, not sure if I was missing a mechanic or alternate path that would lead me further in the level. Looking forward to seeing how this develops further.

I do wanna add, it's hard to get a good grip on your character because he's either going too slow with his sluggish acceleration or he's literally blitzing across the screen. I'd like to have a faster walking speed for microadjustments in platforming and combat, but if that's how it's supposed to be I'll live with it.

I do wanna add, it's hard to get a good grip on your character because he's either going too slow with his sluggish acceleration or he's literally blitzing across the screen. I'd like to have a faster walking speed for microadjustments in platforming and combat, but if that's how it's supposed to be I'll live with it.
Well you can double tap foward to run to top speed instantly. Also, skipping the tutorial in the demo unlocks the running shoes in the pause menu, which enables the speed boost that's normally obtained from having comet orbs equipped. See if it feels better that way.

Item information

Added by
Hyper Emerson
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Downloads

More in Original Games

More from Hyper Emerson