don't click here

SAGE 2023 - Complete Sonic LaserDisc

General Information

Hello everyone

I would like to share with you my fan game project. It was an interesting experience designing and programming a game. Thanks for all comments and support.

It is called Sonic LaserDisc and it is a tribute to Sonic CD.
I've added some ideas in order to have a Sonic Game with exploration and puzzle based on time travel.

The game feature 7 main zones and some "Finals" zones and bosses

In each main zone Player will have to follow 5 steps in order to complete the game at 100%
1) Go through the zone to unlock next zone
2) Finish the zone with 50 rings to open a Time warp to the (bad) future
3) Go through the zone in the bad future and beat Robotnik to unlock full Time Travel capacity
4) Find Robotnik's Machine hidden in the past to make a good future in the zone (Player may have to solve puzzles based on time travel)
5) Go to the (good) future and win the "Emerald Race" (Time Attack) to get a Chaos Emerald

In addition, there is 3 differents powers to unlock in the game. Those powers allow player to use items like Electric Shield or Bubble Shield that are mandatory to go in some parts of the game.
Player can also fast travel in already visited zones with unlocked powers.

I've no website. I share the Game here. To test it just unzip it on launch "Sonic LaserDisc.exe".

You can also watch the demo on Youtube:

Hope you will enjoy it!
Reactions: Foxeh and xinconety

Latest reviews

The game is good but needs some fixes here and there:
1. The Engine:
Unity is fine but is not great but the Orbinaut Framework is very accurate for the player's Physics and is easy to modify it because is done in GameMaker Studio 2.
2. 100% Fullscreen:
Can be fantastic if is in 100% Fullscreen because having a big window has problems: When I start the game, everytime I need to move the window a bit high to see more that I can't see.
The rest if fine, no problems
Reactions: AB7887
AB7887
AB7887
Thanks for your test. For full Screen issue, the game should be in full screen. You can try Alt+Enter to switch to full screen.
S
Sonic2Fan
Ok, I will try it and see it works
Pretty good game, and the hints are definitely hints.
I'm bad at Sonic so I cannot get past the first level but it was pretty flipping good.]
Good job.
A fun game based on Sonic CD's mechanics but makes a rather interesting twist on them - the levels are more simple than usual Sonic and rather linear, but also large and overall, this game reminds me of flash games. I like some visual choices - the more deadly badniks in Bad Future, a much better water color palette in all areas and the game is just plain fun. It recycles CD's assets a bit too much, but overall, it's a good fangame.
A
Ayman
what the fuck
Why is dintntupdate the game?
HarukoHitomi
HarukoHitomi
all Sonic games are linear
S
savameatboy
sonic laserdisc sage 2023 is awesome! and good!

Comments

I really enjoyed this game, due to the crazy paths and interesting puzzles that do not slow the gameplay so much. My criticism here goes more to the aesthetics because there's non-collision stuff that looks solid, especially on the forest level; and the visual choices for level layout, the tileset pieces, and HUD scaling seem irregular. Overall, I hope you go on this project, I'm looking forward to this.

Last edited:
This is a bold concept but I worry there may be too many bottomless pits (especially in the ice level) for a game that seems to want to be based around exploring. In general Sonic himself seems to be holding you back in designing this game, like there are too many steps involved in getting from one time period to another just because you're trying to do things similarly to how Sonic CD did them. Focus on the parts of Sonic gameplay that contribute to the puzzle game you're trying to build and be less afraid of getting rid of the others.

The game is good but I can't get through the boss in teleportation temple. I don't understand what am I doing wrong

Last edited:
As with most Unity games, it behaves weirdly if you have a rotated (portrait) display. It maximizes to a fullscreen mode like 1440x2560, and doesn't allow resizing the window back to reasonable "landscape" orientation. The solution is to search online for the command-line parameters to set the dimensions -screen-width 1280 -screen-height 800 -screen-fullscreen 0 And even then the proportions are not great, as some content is cropped off screen.

Item information

Added by
AB7887
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
3.33 star(s) 3 ratings

Downloads

More in Fan Games

Share this item