don't click here

Nuclear Cheetah: SAGE Trials

General Information

⚠THIS DEMO IS OLD, please download this demo instead if the game interests you!⚠

Bounce, pounce, and slide your way through fast-paced levels as Chaz, the radioactive cheetah! This 2D platformer features a high skill ceiling, crispy pixel art, and a bangin' soundtrack.

The SAGE '23 demo includes five levels, 12 collectables, challenging S ranks, and a special bonus mode for those daring enough to complete all of the content!

This game is still a work-in-progress, so feel free to follow SpontGames on itch.io or Twitter so you don't miss any updates!

Shotcut_00_00_02_467.png
Shotcut_00_00_10_700.png
Shotcut_00_00_13_600.png
Shotcut_00_00_09_133.png

Comments

I unfortunately wasn't very motivated to finish this. It is a promising demo though!
Here's the issues I ran into:
  • All the platforms requiring a full spacebar hold, or full bounce hold to jump over became a bit much
  • The level design is quite blocky, and it exacerbates the jump hold issue for me
  • Hugging a wall cancels out slides, so my flow was broken a lot
  • The nature of the slide move, with the grounded enemy conga lines meant that my slides petered out frequently and I got hit
  • Navigating the menu is confusing; you have to use a combo of wasd and the arrow keys to get to your desired setting
It's not all bad though; the controls are simple to understand, the combo system is well designed-
(I like how sparks keep your combo timer going) and getting to that "flow state" is satisfying.
If I could ask for one more thing, please let the game inform me where it's installing the files to.
Not a fan of stuff hiding away in some odd place on my computer.

I unfortunately wasn't very motivated to finish this. It is a promising demo though!
Here's the issues I ran into:
  • All the platforms requiring a full spacebar hold, or full bounce hold to jump over became a bit much
  • The level design is quite blocky, and it exacerbates the jump hold issue for me
  • Hugging a wall cancels out slides, so my flow was broken a lot
  • The nature of the slide move, with the grounded enemy conga lines meant that my slides petered out frequently and I got hit
  • Navigating the menu is confusing; you have to use a combo of wasd and the arrow keys to get to your desired setting
It's not all bad though; the controls are simple to understand, the combo system is well designed-
(I like how sparks keep your combo timer going) and getting to that "flow state" is satisfying.
If I could ask for one more thing, please let the game inform me where it's installing the files to.
Not a fan of stuff hiding away in some odd place on my computer.
Thanks for the feedback! Sorry, I wish it was possible to change the install location with the auto-installer for GDevelop games. However, if storage location is a concern for you, I'd recommend downloading the portable .zip, as that allows you to extract the installation to any folder. Hope you enjoyed the demo nonetheless!

Item information

Added by
Spontman
Views
Comments
Last update

Downloads

More in Original Games

Share this item