don't click here

SAGE 2023 - Demo MF-01 Aerostrike (SAGE '23 Demo)

General Information

MF-01 AEROSTRIKE

Summary:

A Tactical Shmuplovania. Aerostrike combines elements from Metroidvania, Bullet Hell, and Shmup genres.

Take flight in the MF-01 Aerostrike, explore a large underground base, battle against squadrons of hostile ships of all shapes and sizes, and find a way to escape alive.

Aerostrike - Spinners Optimized.gif

Dramatic Description:

Alone in a far away planet. Surrounded by hostile pilots. The only way out is through sheer skill. Jump into the MF-01 Aerostrike and fight for survival. Fight to return to your family.

Big dogfights await you. Hundreds of enemy ships, of all kinds and sizes. You must make your way through a large underground complex. Find a way to escape the planet alive.

Along the way you may find useful equipment. Weapons for various roles and purposes. Modules to give you an edge in combat. Upgrades to enhance your capabilities.

Beware of experienced foes. Opponents that have made a name for themselves, flying unique vessels with their own set of powerful gear. Mercenaries, ace warriors, and leaders.

Now it is up to you. Fly into the great unknown, into the depths of steel and iron, and meet your fate.

Aerostrike - Brawler Deathball Optimized.gif

Features:
  • Supports Keyboard & Mouse, and Controller.
    • PS4 and PS5 controllers may face issues. Please let me know if that is the case.
  • Rebindable controls.
  • Available in English and Spanish.
    • You can freely swap between the two options in the Options.
  • Various Challenges available, all of which reward paintjobs for the Aerostrike.
  • A wide selection of freely available paintjobs, including the original Alpha/Beta models, and the Potatostrike.
  • The Demo comes with a short demo map where you can try out the core gameplay in 15-30 minutes.
  • The Demo also has 3 different gamemodes included in the Demo:
    • The first chapter of the Campaign. This is the main Metroidvania mode of Aerostrike.
    • Act 1 of Rebel Ops. This is an alternate gamemode where you run through short missions using various ships used by the Rebels.
    • Days 1-4 of Hel's Fighters. This is an alternate gamemode where you fight in arena battles, and get to purchase new ships and upgrades with the currency you earn.

Animated GIFs:

Aerostrike - Titans and Destroyers Optimized.gif

Aerostrike gameplay, fighting a group of Titans and Destroyers.
They are large ships with strong defenses and deadly weaponry.

Aerostrike - Implosion Optimized.gif

Aerostrike gameplay using the Imploding Rockets.
A late-game upgrade that pulls both ships and projectiles towards it.

Aerostrike - Laser Sweep Optimized.gif

Aerostrike gameplay using the Laser Beam.
This weapon deals high damage against smaller ships, like the ones seen here.

Aerostrike - Titan Surrounded Optimized.gif

Gameplay footage of Rebel Ops.
In this mode, you get to fly as various enemy ships though multiple missions.

Aerostrike - Gladiator Duel Optimized.gif

Gameplay footage of Hel's Fighters.
In this mode, you get to fight in arena battles, earn rewards, and purchase new ships and weapons.​

Screenshots:

Aerostrike - Spinner and Brawlers.png

The Aerostrike facing off against a group of Brawlers and a Spinner

Aerostrike_20236241816580.png

A massive brawl, featuring Titans, Destroyers, Carriers, and Sentries.

Aerostrike_202377163130.png

The Arrow-class Arrow D fighting a Titan-class Destroyer in Hel's Fighters.

Aerostrike - Stinger Conga Line.png

The Aerostrike facing off against a group of Stingers.

Aerostrike - Landing on Dock.png

Your home away from home. Docks are love, docks are life.​

Alternative Download links:

MF-01 Aerostrike on itch, Free Demo available - https://lmg3864.itch.io/aerostrike
Free Demo also available on Steam.

Latest reviews

MF-01 Aerostrike is a game I have had the pleasure of watching grow and take shape for over a year now. In the span of one year, we've gone from just having the story mode, to having two additional, well flushed out story modes, as well. Game play wise, the very first time I played this game, I was caught off my guard. I was expecting your standard shoot 'em up, but was quite surprised to find out first hand, that the game play is quite tactical and is probably closer to COD than to a classic shoot 'em up. The enemies in this game are no pushovers either, they really bring it and so you are going to have to strategize and be tactical. They know where you are or at least where they last saw you at. So you are looking at a game play experience, you will not find else where.
The visuals are impressive and still, in this latest build for SAGE I've noticed that have improved. The ships look carefully designed, as though the stages. The music is equally as impressive. There's one segment in the main story, when the base is first under attack, in which you have to go down a hall way like area. The music that plays there is so perfect, so fitting for that moment. It almost mimics the sound of a beating heart. All of this adds to the overall unique experience that is MF-01 Aerostrike.
I look forward to checking this out again after SAGE, I look forward to seeing what the future holds for this amazing game, and I look forward to seeing your future projects!

Comments

Ayeee great to see Aerostrike made it to SAGE this year, still as fun as it was when I tried it out at the last Feedback Quest, awesome to see how it's improved too ✌

Ayeee great to see Aerostrike made it to SAGE this year, still as fun as it was when I tried it out at the last Feedback Quest, awesome to see how it's improved too ✌
Thanks for trying it out! The new feature is the Hel's Fighters mode, which has been well received so far. :D

Item information

Added by
LMG3864
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Downloads

More in Original Games

Share this item