don't click here

SAGE 2023 - Demo DEMYSTIX - SAGE '23 Demo

General Information

GarughAde, popular soda company & ruler of the entire world has started the "DEMYSTIX" tournament, where the aim is to kill as many "Demystik" creatures as possible within a certain amount of time. The prize? An all you can eat Buffet with President Garugh himself. But, what is GarughAde truly up to? There's only one way to find out!

DEMYSTIX is an arcade-style game in which the aim is to score as many points as possible within 2 minutes. The game includes Single Player and Multiplayer modes. (Multiplayer Is Local Only).

Characters:
DEMYSTIX has 3 playable characters and an unlockable 4th character. (The 4th character will not be accesible until the final game).
Marcia:
MarciaTemp.png

Marcia genuinly wants to make the world a better place, but she always lets her anger get in the way. She usually starts fights in every room she enters and often takes things to the extreme. She entered the tournament in hopes of shutting down GarughAde.
Greflek:
GreflekTemp.png

Greflek is a Demystik. He used to live away from humanity with the rest of his species, but because of a disagreement with the Demystik King, he was kicked out. He entered the tournament because he wanted to find out why GarughAde was using his species for profit.
David:
DavidTemp.png

Nobody knows what David is or where he came from. He's oblivious to pretty much everything around him and prefers to mind his own business. He also likes food. David literally only entered the tournament because he wanted the All You Can Eat Buffet.
Fun David Fact: David has a tiny planet with real, tiny people proudly displayed in his living room. The people on that planet treat David like a god.

DavidGalleryBig.png

GreflekTowersBig.png

Default Keyboard Controls:

Left And Right Arrow Keys - Move

Z - Jump

X - Attack

Up Arrow - Up Attack

Down Arrow - Down Attack (Marcia & Greflek Only)

Up + C - Activate Mystik Form

C - Mystik Attack

Enter - Pause

Xbox 360 Controls:

Left Analog Stick - Move, Up Attack, Down Attack

A - Jump

B - Attack

Up + X - Activate Mystik Form

X - Mystik Attack

Y - Pause

Other controllers may work, but this is the only one I've tested.​

Latest reviews

What an awesome demo, now there are some problems with it. Two big ones are enemies spawning on top of you is very annoying and not having some way to recover your extra hit point isn't great either. However, these issues only really showed up with Marcia.

Speaking of which that leads me to my smaller problems which are the bugs and balancing:

Marcia is like the hard mode since even if her dash is good, it usually gets you hit by an enemy spawning in or rushing into one anyway due to the small variable period you have. (Especially when they are off-screen in the big levels, I don't know why but this is the only problem I had with visibility. Probably because the others don't really need it as much as Marcia) In addition to her Mystik Attack not being really good, it has an unfortunate bug of getting you stuck. (I think using it agent a wall?)
I'll also throw in that not being able to dash up from the ground has tripped me up a bit.

Greflek feels like a normal mode, besides the rare occasion of being on top of spawning enemies. I had no real issues and feel like he's really well-balanced. He makes me think constantly of my placement relative to enemies to get the most kills, as fast as possible. Having the best Mystik Attack helps as well as I had to think about when I wanted to pop it or ride the Mystik Form all the way threw. The only bug I found which may be a thing for the others is using your Mystik Attack as you beat the stage allows you to still move during the result screen.

David is in the fun mode, like he's so broken even if his Mystik Attack isn't great it does not matter. Even if he needs a nerf, I kind of don't want one since even if the game wasn't challenging me I was having a blast. Making quick calls to move around the stage to get to shields or get to enemies as fast as possible. The only bug I found with him is that you can activate the Mystik Attack twice by I think slamming down and then using it. Doing on the ground immediately then it plays out "properly" right after.

The only other things I wanted to address is I don't get why activating the Mystik Form is up and C/X, it's just kind of odd but I don't mind it. And I think some of the score requirements are a bit high, like if I'm not killing everything in sight I'm not making it. (granted I never had a problem with it however my scores would be pretty close to the requirement. I'd say maybe lower them a bit or add some other way to get a higher score. Maybe a combo system?)

Otherwise, this is a fantastic project, and can't wait for more to come from it. Keep up the great work. B)
Reactions: F108_Star

Comments

Item information

Added by
Ralorche
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Downloads