don't click here

Fan Game Sonic Dungeons Ultimate Very Early Demo

Mariosonicman22

That Guy working on Sonic Dungeons Ultimate!
Mar 29, 2024
This is a project planning to remake a scratch game released 1 -2 years ago - Sonic Dungeons. I helped in the creation of the game, most notably, drawing the sprites for Sonic himself. Anyways, I liked the project, and it was great for scratch standards, but I wasn't satisfied. Plus, I wanted to dip my toes into some more... authentic game dev. So, I decided to work on this little remake project.

So far, I think it's pretty alright. The Sonic sprites aren't implemented yet, and the tiles aren't complete, plus they are based of the framework tile set. Speaking of - this is an GameMaker Studio 2 project, using Orbinaut Framework 1.4 as a base. It may have been a bad time to start this project, considering Orbinaut Framework 2 will release on SAGE 2024, but it'll be fine.

Also, the background has not been touched yet either, don't worry about that. It will become a forest.

PS. I am aware there are a few layering and level design problems. Expect to get hit 1 - 2 times if you have poor reaction time. I'll fix that.

The Build below is a WIP later build than what the screenshots showcase.

If you want to check out the scratch game, here it is: Sonic Dungeons on Scratch (mit.edu)

Here's the Showcase page in case you want to see that: Complete - Sonic Dungeons | Sonic Fan Games HQ

Screenshot (144).png
Screenshot (145).png
Screenshot (146).png
Screenshot (147).png
Screenshot (148).png
Screenshot (149).png
Screenshot (150).png
Screenshot (151).png

Screenshot (152).png

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: DoubleMode

script_soda

Greenflower Zone Act 2
Mar 25, 2024
Norfolk, VA
Wow! I am impressed that this was created using Scratch. My guess is that you utilized the renowned 2015 Framework, which is well-known for its capabilities in producing high-quality projects.

Mariosonicman22

That Guy working on Sonic Dungeons Ultimate!
Mar 29, 2024
Wow! I am impressed that this was created using Scratch. My guess is that you utilized the renowned 2015 Framework, which is well-known for its capabilities in producing high-quality projects.
You misunderstood. This is a Orbinaut Framework remake of a Scratch game I worked on. It's GameMaker Studios 2.