don't click here

Fan Game Sonic Dungeons Ultimate Demo - Third Release - RESPRITE DEMO

Mariosonicman22

That Guy working on Sonic Dungeons Ultimate!
Mar 29, 2024
:emoji_star: UPDATE 2 ARRIVED! :emoji_star:

This is a project planning to remake a scratch game released 1 -2 years ago - Sonic Dungeons. I helped in the creation of the game, most notably, drawing the sprites for Sonic himself. Anyways, I liked the project, and it was great for scratch standards, but I wasn't satisfied. Plus, I wanted to dip my toes into some more... authentic game dev. So, I decided to work on this little remake project.

So far, I think it's pretty alright. The Sonic sprites aren't implemented yet, and the tiles aren't complete, plus they are based of the framework tile set. Speaking of - this is an GameMaker Studio 2 project, using Orbinaut Framework 1.4 as a base. It may have been a bad time to start this project, considering Orbinaut Framework 2 will release on SAGE 2024, but it'll be fine.

The Background is very W.I.P

PS. I am aware there are a few layering problems. I'm also working on adding more curvature to the level and lessen the feeling of everything being on a tile grid. The tileset is a mess...

I'm in the middle of a Sonic Resprite. Any feedback is appreciated, and Sonic will flicker between his old design and his new design. Try not to let it take you out of the experience.

If you want to check out the scratch game, here it is: Sonic Dungeons on Scratch (mit.edu)

Here's the Showcase page in case you want to see that: Complete - Sonic Dungeons | Sonic Fan Games HQ

Official Scratch Studio: Sonic Dungeons Ultimate Updates - Scratch Studio (mit.edu)

=================

Screenshot (163).png Screenshot (164).png Screenshot (165).png Screenshot (166).png

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: DoubleMode

script_soda

Greenflower Zone Act 2
Mar 25, 2024
Norfolk, VA
Wow! I am impressed that this was created using Scratch. My guess is that you utilized the renowned 2015 Framework, which is well-known for its capabilities in producing high-quality projects.

Mariosonicman22

That Guy working on Sonic Dungeons Ultimate!
Mar 29, 2024
Wow! I am impressed that this was created using Scratch. My guess is that you utilized the renowned 2015 Framework, which is well-known for its capabilities in producing high-quality projects.
You misunderstood. This is a Orbinaut Framework remake of a Scratch game I worked on. It's GameMaker Studios 2.