don't click here

Fan Game Sonic 3 A.I.R.

Eukaryot

Heading for Angel Island
May 1, 2018
Where? Also thank you. Although the special stages work fine, just a bit of the moving sky just cuts in half
Quote from the manual:

If the menu looks fine, but the in-game graphics are messed up (black bars and missing sprites),
you might want to try out the Software Renderer. It does most graphics calculations on the main
processor instead of the graphics card, which can solve problems especially with Intel graphics.
Here's how:
• Make sure the game is not running for the following
• Open the Windows Explorer and copy this into the address line:
%appdata%\Sonic3AIR
• After pressing Enter, this takes you to the folder where the game stores settings and other
data
• Open the file "settings.json" or just "settings" with a text editor (use Notepad if there's
nothing better installed)
• Search for the following part:
"UseSoftwareRenderer" : false,
• Change the word false to true, then save the file and start the game
Note that the Software Renderer lacks a few features and should only be used if the default
Hardware Renderer does not work correctly.

hellothere3212

Green Hill Zone
Feb 9, 2019
Quote from the manual:

If the menu looks fine, but the in-game graphics are messed up (black bars and missing sprites),
you might want to try out the Software Renderer. It does most graphics calculations on the main
processor instead of the graphics card, which can solve problems especially with Intel graphics.
Here's how:
• Make sure the game is not running for the following
• Open the Windows Explorer and copy this into the address line:
%appdata%\Sonic3AIR
• After pressing Enter, this takes you to the folder where the game stores settings and other
data
• Open the file "settings.json" or just "settings" with a text editor (use Notepad if there's
nothing better installed)
• Search for the following part:
"UseSoftwareRenderer" : false,
• Change the word false to true, then save the file and start the game
Note that the Software Renderer lacks a few features and should only be used if the default
Hardware Renderer does not work correctly.
It worked! Thank you so much

Last edited:

Emi

Green Hill Zone
Feb 20, 2019
I have a problem.
When I open the sonic air.exe the game just crashes with a white screen
Any ideas why? I have win7 not sure if that's the problem

Last edited:

Ronald Rose

Green Hill Zone
Jun 3, 2018
I have a problem.
When I open the sonic air.exe the game just crashes with a wite screen
Same Here, But I Have a Windows 10 Tower From HP.

Eukaryot

Heading for Angel Island
May 1, 2018
I have a problem.
When I open the sonic air.exe the game just crashes with a white screen
Same Here, But I Have a Windows 10 Tower From HP.
Unfortunately, it's hard to say what is the actual problem.
If you want, you can help by trying out some simple test applications. It's a matter of minutes, and would give me a chance to find out more about the issue.
It's simple as that:
  • Download http://85.214.142.96/minitest.zip
  • Unpack the ZIP file to your desktop
  • Run the three test applications Test1.exe, Test2.exe, Test3.exe in that order
  • Each one should draw a small color animation (it's not exactly the same for all three) for around 5 seconds, then it closes by itself
  • In addition, each application produces a log file named output_1.txt, output_2.txt, output_3.txt
  • Please post here the log file contents of the first test application that does not draw the color animation
Waiting for your feedback! :emoji_slight_smile:

Eukaryot

Heading for Angel Island
May 1, 2018
Is This It?
Exactly this, thank you!
Judging from the output files, these test applications ran without any problems, that's a good sign so far. I'll have to check if I can make some kind of "minimalistic" version of S3AIR that only uses the basic graphics features like the test applications did.

Reactions: Ronald Rose

hellothere3212

Green Hill Zone
Feb 9, 2019
Anyways do you know the Time Attack thingy right? everytime you complete a level then do it again you can get a ghost of the character you we're playing it and you like race it or just see if you have time to race you right? Well that could be a mechanic for online servers but I don't think you can do that, still waiting for new updates

ScropeX68

Green Hill Zone
Mar 19, 2019
The game suddenly keeps crashing... I tried the MiniTest and all the results were "success". Any solution? Or should I wait until the Full Release?

Eukaryot

Heading for Angel Island
May 1, 2018
The game suddenly keeps crashing... I tried the MiniTest and all the results were "success". Any solution? Or should I wait until the Full Release?
You might first want to try the Software Renderer. Find instructions in the game's Manual PDF!
If that does not work, can you send me the log file at "C:\Users\<yourname>\AppData\Roaming\Sonic3AIR\logfile.txt"?

Reactions: ScropeX68

hellothere3212

Green Hill Zone
Feb 9, 2019
Hey Eukaryot, i've been wondering if you can update Flying Battery Zone with thunder storms and wind please that would be more awesome and I dont know what to say about this anymore, anyways i'm keep getting a error saying this upload_2019-3-24_10-21-57.png

Attachments