Menu

Welcome!

Sonic Fan Games HQ is the largest resource for Sonic the Hedgehog fan gaming on the web and home to SAGE, the annual Sonic Amatuer Games Expo! We specialize in engines, sprites, music, gameplay, levels, gimmicks, the whole eight yards! Got a project you want to show off? Need some help with your game? Or maybe you just want to connect with creators and fans alike! No matter why you're here, hit that register button below to join the fun and start creating today!

1. Hey Guest!

We just updated our SFGHQ Rules & Guidelines. Give them a read, it might just save your life!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest!

Our pals from the SHC are going to be running the Sonic Hacking Contest a little later this year, a bit after SAGE! You should totally check it out by clicking here!

Dismiss Notice

Hack Sonic 1: REV02

Discussion in 'Creation Labs' started by conehead, May 12, 2018.

1. conehead

conehead E Rank Member

Well, it's time to introduce a hack I've been working on now for a couple of months, a basic ASM hack known as Sonic 1: REV02!

Doesn't introduce anything "new" per se, rather improves on what is already there (as in, bug fixes and such). However, there are also new things as well as bug fixes, such as...
    ...a remade level select, programmed to behave like the Sonic 2 Simon Wai beta!
    [​IMG]
    The Spin Dash, so you can get out of tough situations with ease! (and going even faster because the speed caps are removed!)
    [​IMG]
    The horrible Labyrinth Zone crash glitch being completely fixed! (yes, I did use debug mode to get there as I added a vertical scroll delay for the spin dash)
    [​IMG]
    Improved fading routines! Here's an image of the title screen fading out compared with the original game, at the same moment:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Not to mention one of the main features that makes this version the definitive version! The spike bug is gone!
    [​IMG]
    And many more, that you can discover yourself!

But yeah, I just implemented every single fix I could find off of the Sonic Community Hacking Guide onto a Hivebrain disassembly (credit to everybody who wrote the guides). I hope you enjoy it.

Attached Files: