don't click here

Christmas SAGE 2023 Tony Hawk's Sonic McOrigins Plus Christmas

Overview

Sonic McOrigins is a full-featured museum/simulator program, allowing you to play re-creations of the Sonic the Hedgehog McDonald's tie-in games from 2003 to 2005.
You can play with keyboard, mouse or touch, visualize hi-res photos of the games from every angle (even regional variants/recolors!), and see the original instruction manuals when available.

I have heard your pleas for the Spyro/Crash games and decided to do something completely different.

Untitled.jpg

Merry Skatemas! Now featuring:
  • The ESPN Reskins of the 2004 games, featuring everyone's favorite Sonic characters: Tony Hawk, Vince Carter, and more!
    • The reskins are located as additional versions of the Sonic games they're based on.
  • Selecting a game will now randomly pick one of the variants when they're available
  • Small QoL improvements to the UI
  • A few more new manual scans
  • 32bit Android support in case you are stuck in 2010 (my condolences)
  • Added Endless Mode -- How long can you withstand the difficulty (or absolute boredom) of maximum speed McDonalds gameplay?
Untitled2.jpg

Downloads and source code

If the SAGE showcase links don't work, you can also grab the latest releases for Win, Mac, Android and Linux here:
https://github.com/Difegue/LCDonald/releases/tag/2.1.1

Older computers/phones might have trouble playing the games at a decent framerate due to the relatively high resolution of the photos; I recommend playing using "Closeup" mode if that is the case for you.

Windows PSA: This release will only work on Windows 10 and up due to the UI library used.
Mac PSA: This build isn't notarized/signed like the others since I don't have a Mac on hand right now; You'll have to do some Finder right-clicking to get the game to work this time.
The entire code of the game can be found on GitHub as usual (And I'm still looking for some manual scans!) :

Media

Credits

Many thanks to Sonic Retro for providing information about all the games, including some manual photos I added to the game as reference. (Better a low-res shot than no shot at all!)

McDonald's Sonic LCD games - Sonic Retro

Thanks to @NovaSquirrel, @Nightsy, @EnderOnryo and @gaurang7goel on GitHub for help providing manuals.

You can read some more info about the project on my personal devblog:

TVC-16 Blog

If you want something different, consider checking out Funtography!

Comments

There are no comments to display.

Item information

Added by
Difegue
Views
Last update

Downloads

More in Fan Games

More from Difegue

Share this item