don't click here

SAGE 2023 - Demo Terry's Treasure Trouble! (SAGE 2023 Demo)

General Information

TerryTTThumbnail.png

Terry's Treasure Trouble!

Terry T. Cat is back, and he's going to hop-and-bop and cartwheel his way through the Feyside Islands in search of a mysterious lost treasure!
After finding a treasure map on the beach, our old cartoon cat Terry decides to go off to a land of adventure. However, a gang of pirates, led by the notorious Grand Beard, are also in pursuit of this legendary treasure, and will stop at nothing to get it.
Along the way, Terry will find Star Fairies willing to take a hit for him, ladders and bars to hang on to, bouncy springs, ridable vehicles, Mode 7 Special Stages, and minigames. Oh, and coins. Lots and lots of coins.
Will Terry T. Cat get to the treasure before the pirates do?

What is this game?

This 2D platform game is a throwback to basic 16-bit platformers, similar to Donkey Kong Country, Sonic the Hedgehog, and the Super Mario games. You go to the right, jump on and cartwheel through enemies, find some collectibles, and get to the end of each level. There may be more to it than that, but that's something you'll have to figure out yourself.

What does it look like?

TerryGrass.png

TerryForest.png Screenshot1.png TerryMapImg.png TerryM7.png Screenshot3.png Screenshot4.png

Hopefully, this answers that question. Don't expect ALL of this in the demo, though. The demo only has the grasslands island.

What's in the SAGE Demo?

The demo features the first island and its levels, which should give players the basic gist of it. Anyway, here's a list.
  • The title sequence
  • One Attract Mode demo
  • One world map
  • Six mainline platforming levels
  • One Boss level, not counted as one of the six
  • Twelve blue crystals to collect, two per main level
  • One Mysterious Gate, requires the crystals to open the Special Stage
  • One minigame in Crabby's Arcade
  • Game controller support, with remappable buttons
  • Support for the Sega Genesis Mini 3-button controller
  • WASD controls and Arrow Key controls (can't be remapped right now)
The final game won't have a Mysterious Gate on the first island, so I figure I'd give you a chance to try to get to the Special Stage.

What's not in the SAGE Demo?

Here's a list of things in the final game that you won't find in the demo:
  • The Save feature
  • No-Save mode (...though since there's no save feature in the demo, that would be redundant)
  • Seven other islands, and their corresponding levels
  • Teleportation Stations
  • The other three minigames that can be found in Crabby's Arcades on the other islands
  • Any other weapon powerups

How complete is the game so far?

95%

The game is complete, but not ready. I'll have to test it out a lot before I declare it ready, and probably add a few bells and whistles. Hopefully, the game will be done by the end of 2023. (as of 9/29/2023)

Of course, don't take my word for it. Try the demo out for yourself, and see if you like it.

background102.png
Reactions: Ice

Comments

Reminds me a lot of old DOS games like Jazz Jackrabbit. The speed can be a little hard to manage at times, but I could see this game being pretty fun to speedrun when you get the hang of it.

Item information

Added by
NukeOTron
Views
Comments
Last update

Downloads

More in Original Games

Share this item