Menu

Welcome!

Sonic Fan Games HQ is the largest resource for Sonic the Hedgehog fan gaming on the web and home to SAGE, the annual Sonic Amatuer Games Expo! We specialize in engines, sprites, music, gameplay, levels, gimmicks, the whole eight yards! Got a project you want to show off? Need some help with your game? Or maybe you just want to connect with creators and fans alike! No matter why you're here, hit that register button below to join the fun and start creating today!

1. Hey Guest!

We just updated our SFGHQ Rules & Guidelines. Give them a read, it might just save your life!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest!

Our pals from the SHC are going to be running the Sonic Hacking Contest a little later this year, a bit after SAGE! You should totally check it out by clicking here!

Dismiss Notice

Sonic Chaos - Turquoise Hill Demo

Average User Rating:
4.48649/5,
  • Sonic Chaos

Sonic Chaos is a fan game and re-imagining of the 1993 Sega Game Gear and Master System platform game of the same name. Based on the current style of 2D classic Sonic games inspired by Sonic Mania, Sonic Chaos updates the 8 bit visuals of the original and adapts a play style more closely resembling the classic 16-bit games. The game has been in development for almost an entire year, of which the last 3 months was spent building a brand new engine from scratch. Sonic Chaos uses this new engine, Crimson Engine, and with it we've strived for classic Sonic gameplay accuracy.

Updates:
    Since the initial release, even after only a few hours; we've already gotten tons of feedback and bug reports. We're so glad to see this many people enjoying the demo, and we'd like to make it the best we can!
    So even though SAGE has begun, we'll be releasing plenty of updates during the event, stay tuned!

08/25/2018 - Update 1:
    - Icon added
    - Act 2 Boss refinements
    - Fixed Act 2 boss softlocks
    - Fixed bug where roll state is kept during act clear on act 2
    - Demo now restarts at the titlescreen upon completion instead of closing

08/25/2018 - Update 2:
    - Various Collision issues in Act 1 and Act 2 fixed
    - Object placement issues in act 2 fixed
    - Platforms above a bottomless pit in Act 1 have been changed to stay floating
    - Fixed some pathswapping issues in both Acts

08/29/18 - Update 3:
    - A frame cap has been implemented!
    - Act 2 background has been optimized
    - Shield fixes
    - Tails gets properly put into spring-mode when he lands on a moto-spring while flying
    - A bug where the player turns invisible in an S-Tube has been fixed
    - Ring monitors now properly give an extra life upon passing 100 rings
    - Falling platforms not being destroyed after going offscreen while falling is fixed
    - Object solidity adjustments
    - Monitor collision has been adjusted/corrected
    - A music crashing bug accidentally introduced in 1.2 has been fixed
    - Level layouts have been slightly adjusted to improve play experience and provide better direction

Update 3 will most likely be our last update until the next demo. Thanks to everyone who played! We've got lots of work to do!
    sonic_chaos_banner.png
  • [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
  • A+ Start - Project Lead, Lead Designer, and Artist
    Mr. Potatobadger - Project Lead, Lead Programmer, Crimson Engine Programmer
    TheStoneBanana - Chaos Engine & Gameplay Programmer
    Michael Staple - Lead Composer & Musician
    Heraga - Lead Level Designer
    Jassbec - Level Designer
    Tpot - Additional Programming and Assistance

Attached Files:

Share this Item

Recent User Reviews

1. UnrealNinjaMark
    5/5,
    "Stunning remastered edition!"
    I didn't play original version but I tried this demo and I found that amazing!
    I'm very delighted to see full game!!
  2. Pixel Jamejohnson
    3/5,
    "All right"
    Please make compatable with phone
  3. Mr. Potatobadger
    4/5,
    "Pretty good"
    It's pretty good, could be better though
    Capper and TheStoneBanana like this.

User Comments

To post comments, simply sign up and become a member!
  1. sonic safi
    hi my name is sonic safi im a youtuber and im intersted on your work doing sonic chaos when i first saw the trailer i was like "mmmm ok....." after that you still doing it u have remarkable friends and followers supporting u and your group amezingly u guys have a good day and night.
  2. liuweihang-2019
    I LIKE SONIC CHAOS 16BIT! ^_^
  3. Roc Iaria
    Yes a good fangame
  4. Roc Iaria
  5. francis247uk
    Hi Mr.Potatobadger, how are you getting on with this, any progress updates since August? Is there any where other than here where we can follow development?
  6. Matrix2525
    So, I first heard about this project back in August, downloaded version 1.2 of the demo, and promptly forgot about it until now. So I finally got around to playing the demo, and version 1.3 and I have to say, overall, amazing work! I did notice a couple issues, overall, though. First are the few areas where Sonic clips through solid ground, which the recent posts before mine have mentioned in detail. Secondly, though, is an issue involving the frame cap implemented in version 1.3 of the demo. While playing version 1.3, I noticed the game did not scroll as smoothly as version 1.2. I use a 75hz monitor and I'm guessing the frame cap hard limits the game to 60, since 60hz is still pretty much the most common display refresh rate. This causes the game to look jittery on my display, as opposed to 1.2 which was buttery smooth.

I don't know how often the dev team reads the comments here, but going forward, PLEASE make the frame cap a toggle-able feature, or a frame cap that matches the current display's refresh rate. While the feature is fine for those using a 60hz display, there are an increasing number of people using higher refresh rate displays (75hz, 144hz, 165hz, etc). Otherwise, great work, and I'm looking forward to seeing the next iteration of the project.
  7. Pixel Jamejohnson
    Is There Any Way This Could Be Made Compatible With Android?
    (sorry for any spelling mistakes)
  8. Jhynjhiruu
    [​IMG] Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but there's straight up missing terrain in some parts of the map, including here by the exit of one of the tube thingies and also just above a set of sideways spikes somewhere in the first level.
  9. OmegaBot890
    This was amazing! There were a few collision errors, like how in the beginning of Act 2 it'll have you randomly clip through and if you don't do anything and youre at the right speed, you'll zip right through it, but they're minor and don't exactly make the game any less fun. I hope you continue to work on this, it is great, and I'd love to see more of it!
  10. Blacker
    i found out how to noclip [​IMG]