don't click here

SAGE 2023 - Demo Legend Maker - Alpha Demo

General Information

Description:

Legend Maker is a Zelda Like Maker game. The game still needs a lot of work, mainly in polishing up mechanics & UI. The full game will have steam workshop support for sharing levels & Texture mods.​

Download the Demo
Download Legend Maker On Patreon (& Reserve a Steam Code)

These Features Are NOT Available in the Demo: :emoji_cry:
  • Overworlds
  • Caves
  • Houses
  • Some Enemies
  • Most Decorations
  • Some Puzzles
  • Some Traps
  • Most Bosses
  • Some Weather FX
  • Many Songs
  • Some Dungeon Structures
  • NPCs
  • Loading Legends
  • Multiple Maps
  • Boomerang
  • Hammer
  • Desert Dungeon Theme
Controls: (Keyboard / XInput):

Maker Mode:
  • Arrows, WASD = Move camera
  • TAB / Select = Switch between Maker & Play modes
  • Shift = Hold to move camera quicker
  • CTRL = Hold to place objects in between tiles
  • Alt - Hold to edit Special event functions
Play Mode:
  • TAB / Select = Switch between Maker & Play modes
  • Arrows, WASD / D-Pad, Left Stick = Move Player
  • Z / A = Action, Pick Up, Talk
  • C / X = Sword
  • X / B = Item 1
  • V / Y = Item 2
  • CTRL / Left Trigger - Focus in Direction, or Focus on Enemy
  • Shift / Right Trigger - Hold for Special moves like the Sword Thrust

How To Play:
  • Start by using the Dungeon Builder (Top Left Tab - Looks like a castle) to create the layout of your dungeon.
  • Place doors that connect each room.
  • Place objects like puzzles, enemies, or traps to impede the player's progress.
  • Press the Play Button or hit TAB/Select to test your dungeon. (Press TAB/Select again go return to editing)
  • Click the Event Tab (Bottom Left Tab - Looks like an exclamation mark exploding). In the events window, add an End Game Event. Add a No Enemies Trigger & attach it to the enemy (or enemies) you should defeat to beat your dungeon. Click & drag a rope from the No Enemies Trigger to the End Game Event. This lets the player know they have completed your dungeon!
  • Save your dungeon.
  • Share it on the Legend Maker Discord!
Tips:
  • Hit Play on the title screen, & try the dungeons available in the demo! They should give you some inspiration!
  • If you're lost on connecting triggers to events. Place a Trigger, place an Event. Then click the Trigger & drag the rope to the Event.
  • Floor Switches & Wall Switches automatically trigger an event when triggered.
  • Click a floor switch to change it's behavior (press once, or keep held)
  • TAB or Select on XInput will switch between developer mode & play mode.
  • Want to place objects between tiles? Hold CTRL

History:
I Started Legend Maker 8 years ago as a Zelda Maker fan game, with very little experience in game development. Zelda Maker was taken down by Nintendo, so I decided to do my own thing with it. It went through a lot of practice & iteration before coming to this point. I'm the only person working on this project.

Release Date:
I'm targeting to release Legend Maker at the tail end of 2024, if possible.
Reactions: etuevetuevetuev

Latest reviews

As you said, UI and stuff still needs polishing. But the foundation is fantastic. I can totally see this being really popular and I like the new character to replace Link. All in all great idea!
Reactions: F108_Star
Dream Mix Games
Dream Mix Games
E
etuevetuevetuev
@Dream Mix Games May be worth submitting this to Mario fangame circles too they'd love to see this! Meant to mention in my original review that the spritework is absolutely beautiful too. good job!

Comments

Item information

Added by
Dream Mix Games
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Downloads

More in Original Games