don't click here

SAGE 2023 - Demo CyberPigeon

General Information

SAGE Logo Title Screen Screenshot 1 Screenshot 2 Screenshot 3 Screenshot 4 Screenshot 5
CyberPigeon Art
Description

Prepare for an electrifying experience in CyberPigeon, a dual-stick shooter set within a dynamic battle arena. Take control of CyberPigeon, the ultimate cybernetic avian warrior, as you engage in intense battles against swarming drones and formidable bosses. Adapt to the ever-changing environment, collect power-ups and weapons, and rise to the top of the leaderboard in this thrilling aerial showdown.​
How To Play

CyberPigeon plays similar to any other dual stick shooter game. Using a gamepad, CyberPigeon is moved with the 'Left Stick,' and aims with the 'Right Stick.' Holding the 'Right Trigger' to fire. With a Mouse and Keyboard, CyberPigeon is moved with the W, A, S and D keys, along with aiming and firing with the mouse. "CyberPigeon" is a score-attack based game. The goal is to get as high of a score as possible, and have fun!​

CyberPigeon's Abilities

Energy Shield - The shield/HP bar will recharge after a few seconds of not taking any damage.​
Stomp - While holding ‘Down,’ CyberPigeon will enter Stomp-Mode. It’s a quick way to damage/destroy enemies when surrounded.​
Overcharge - CyberPigeon's shield will overcharge when in contact with a shield tile with less than full HP or when exiting the shop. CyberPigeon will be temporarily invincible as it destroys anything around it.​

Controls

Mouse & Keyboard - W, A, S, D to move, Left Click to Fire. Enter/ESC to Pause.​
Gamepad - Left Stick to move, Right Stick to aim, Right Trigger to Fire. Start to Pause.​

Field Collectibles

Coins - Collect these to purchase new items in the shop which will occasionally open during the run.​
Fledgling - Every 100 coins you collect, a Fledgling Egg will appear from the top of the screen. Collect them for extra points.​
Ammo - Power weapons have limited ammo. Destroying enemies will give some back.​

Shop Collectibles

Instant Shield - When CyberPigeon hits 1HP, it will immediately recharge. (One-time use)
Shield Recover - Faster Shield recharge times. (Permanent item)
Double Damage - Inflict more pain on the enemy drones. (Permanent item)
Speed Increase - Gotta go fast! (Permanent item)
Double Coin - Every collected coin is worth two. (Permanent item)
Invincibility - Become invulnerable for a short amount of time. (Temporary Item)
Triple Shot - Shoot in three directions at once. (Temporary Item)
Spreader - Fast paced, inaccurate weapon. (Temporary Item)
Firework Launcher - Short-Range, powerful attack. (Temporary Item)
Grappling Hook - Long-Range, instant takedown. Will also launch CyberPigeon (like Zelda Hookshot). (Temporary Item)
CyberSword - Throw it for fast takedowns, or automatic melee attacks. (Temporary Item)
Fire Spirit - Helper that shoots fireballs. (Temporary Item)
Water Spirit - Helper that will go ahead of you and drop water. (Temporary Item)
Leaf Spirit - Helper that shoots razor leaves. (Temporary Item)
Life Spirit - Helper that surrounds CyberPigeon in a circle of damaging hearts. (Temporary Item)

Hazards

Drone - Basic enemy that likes to zap you.​
Missile Drone - Shoots slow-paced projectiles.​
Homing Drone - Once this one locks on, you'll want to destroy it as soon as possible.​
Spiker Drone - Shoots a short burst of spikes.​
Blocker Drone - Shoots a short burst of blocks.​
Springer Drone - Shoots a short burst of springs.​
Spikes - Stay away from these.​
Boss Battles - Randomly occurring after each level, these bosses become more challenging the higher the level.​

Arena/Leveling Up

Stray Skies is the tentative name for this arena. The arena’s walls will collapse and re-generate with each level upgrade. Enemies and boss battles will progressively become more challenging, you’ll even see new types of enemies appear in later levels.​

Max's Shop

The shop will open occasionally throughout the run. You'll see an icon plus an arrow pointing to it. The Shop is located off screen to the right and center. You'll see three random items that you don't have in your possession available for purchase. Each item box has 10 HP, destroy to collect the item - assuming you have enough coins for it. Otherwise, your attacks will just bounce off. Also, please don't upset Max, I don't want to tell you what happens if you do.​

Debug Mode

While it wasn't originally meant for anyone to mess around in, I had a lot of fun in Debug Mode while making the game, so I thought I'd keep it open to everyone. To enter Debug Mode, hold “C” while selecting Start at the Main Menu. Or hold “Left Trigger” and select Start. You’ll enter a secret menu where you can select your starting level, and have an option to enable Debug Mode. Having Debug Mode on, you'll always start at Level -1. It's a blank level where no enemies or walls spawn. You'll be able to drop items in as you'd like at this level. Gamepad controls are based off a standard Xbox controller.​
  • Change Item:
    • Mouse/KB - Up/Down Arrow, Scroll Wheel
    • Gamepad - Left/Right D-Pad
  • Drop Item :
    • Mouse/KB - Right Click
    • Gamepad - Down D-Pad
  • Level Change:
    • Mouse/KB - Left/Right Arrow
    • Gamepad - Left Bumper
  • Instant Shield :
    • Mouse/KB - Q Key
    • Gamepad - Y Button
  • Hide Debug UI:
    • Mouse/KB - H Key
    • Gamepad - Right Bumper
  • Collect Power-ups:
    • Mouse/KB - E, R, T, Y Keys
  • Collect Spirits:
    • Mouse/KB - U, I, O, P Keys
    • To Destroy Spirits - L Key
  • Trigger Boss Mode:
    • Mouse/KB - B Key
  • Trigger Shop:
    • Mouse/KB - TAB Key
  • Freeze Frame/Advance Frame
    • Mouse/KB - > Key
    • To Resume - / Key
There is also a very limited Campaign tech-demo of a very incomplete level from this menu. The background has had a few different changes and is still currently a placeholder. Feel free to mess around in it and let me know what you think of it so far. No guarantees this will be a full-fledged mode as my primary focus is on adding new ideas to Stray Skies. A few Campaign notes -​
  • CyberPigeon has unlimited lives, and will respawn at the beginning of the level, or at a checkpoint.
  • Enemy drones will collect keys and try to get away from you. Destroy them and use the key to get into a locked door.
  • Spirits and Invincibility are locked inside a monitor. Spirit monitors will cycle randomly. Shoot the monitor to gain the item.
  • Debug controls are similar, though Campaign does not feature a shop, coins or permanent power-ups; at least at this stage in development. Debug controls in Campaign mode only work with Mouse/KB controls in this demo.
  • Time is limited! Don't let the clock reach ten minutes.

Steam Early Access

If you enjoyed the CyberPigeon SAGE 2023 demo, please consider supporting development with the Steam Early Access version. Or Wishlist it. I'll continue to release major bug fixes for the SAGE demo, if I come across any. Feature updates are planned on the Steam Early Access version. CyberPigeon on Steam

Drone Art

Note: CyberPigeon is still in active development. A lot of things have been changing over the last few months as I attempt to balance and add more objects and events into the game. I've tried to make this as bug-free as possible, but I'm still finding and fixing as many as I can. As this is the first demo I'm releasing to the public, I'd love to hear thoughts, opinions and general feedback on the game. Release date is unknown at this stage. Please remember this is a very early preview of the game, graphics and objects are subject to change.

If CyberPigeon seems to be running slowly, please close other applications to free up some memory.

Comments

Sweet little game!! The wacky movement helps Cyber Pigeon game stand out from a lot of other similar games! Also huge ups for keeping in the debug mode that was a ton of fun to mess around with! The visuals are a cool slice between a flash game and a PS2 game and I'm all here for that.

Item information

Added by
Volerikan
Views
Comments
Last update

Downloads

More in Original Games

Share this item