don't click here

SAGE 2023 - Demo Sonic - Bumper Engine V2 (2023 Demo)

Just WOW!... sonic is feel slow and heavy but i know you gonna fix this... i cant wait for the framework release
Reactions: F108_Star
I can see the potential for this project, however my main gripe with it is it's feeling of speed. There are a lot of interesting Sonic-like things but Sonic himself, as well as the stage, feels slow. The 2nd and 3rd stages were good to play in anyway. Also my controller didn't work, so it took some time to adjust to new controls on the keyboard and mouse. Considering the initial Bumper Engine was all about speed and has shown amazing results (ex. Sonic GT), I hope to see the same for this one.
Reactions: F108_Star
Blaephid
Blaephid
Absolutely fair.
Changing speed is as simple as increasing a few variables. My main focus was on adjusting the framework itself so balance as a game got thrown to the wayside, sorry about that.

Also, if you downloaded the build from September 2nd onwards the controller issue should have been fixed.

Thanks for the review, I'll be focussing more on the framework for the next release but if I have time I'll balance the levels and demo physics too.
S
Sonicfan1915
I would say that control issues is the main thing but it looks and runs rather well and the moveset seems cool (if a little badly assigned I mean come on homing attack on X? ring dash on B? bounce on Y?) and the physics are also cool. Hoping that it gets even better from here