don't click here

SAGE 2022 - Demo Project Mustard

SAGE 22 - Sonic Fan Game 14 out of 69 - Project Mustard
A project to feel like a Sonic game from scratch

I can't help but get a vibe familiar to Dream projects with this fan game. Now, that doesn't necessarily mean it's bad by any means but with what I'm going to say, you'll see what I mean by this.

I think I played enough of the game to say, the controls feel off-putting to me, to say the least. They feel floaty and very slippery to control well, except when you're rolling, you have some of the tightest turning when rolling but in turn, you lose speed.
Homing Attack is kinda janky to use in this game. It works fine enough, but I kept getting hit by projectiles when trying to use it a lot for defeating enemies, and sometimes it doesn't even connect.
Might as well talk about how you gain speed in this fan game; so instead of usually earning your momentum by running and gaining it by going down hills, you instead use the dash action to gain speed without the need of gaining it. It's similar to the boost in a way and could be an interesting way of gaining speed, but I seriously think this should be toned down or limited since it's ridiculously more overpowered than a Sonic boost. There is no use for using a roll besides just tighter turning.

With this being said, I still had a good time dashing around and trying to get height in this game. I just think there are some things that should be tweaked to make it feel more satisfying, mainly the controls.