don't click here

SAGE 2024 - Framework The Flipper Framework (Sage Teaser)

General Information

Overview

The Flipper Framework is a combination, expansion, and complete refactoring of some of the best Unity sonic templates. With a bunch of abilities, interactions and more. Pick and choose what you want for your ideal Sonic, aided by documented code, in-built/custom Unity features, and stats (lots and lots of stats). Play around, see if you like it, then maybe try your hand at some levels of your own. The pinballs in your court, but I'll keep updating the framework with new features too.​

Key Features
The current build contains a level and a playground.​

Main Actions
Playground in air.PNG

• Jump
  • Double Jump
  • Spin Dash
  • Jump Dash
  • Homing Attack
  • Boost
  • Rolling
  • Bounce
  • Drop Dash

Playground Rail.PNG

More Actions
  • Wall Running
  • Light Speed Dash
  • Quickstep
  • Rail Grinding (With rail hopping)
  • Scripted Sections down a path
  • Camera Mode
  • And all of these can be easily turned on and off with custom inspector action manager, or fine tuned with serialized values in a scriptable object.

Dangers.PNG
Objects
  • Springs
  • Dash Rings
  • Speed pads
  • Camera triggers
  • Separate camera sections
  • Rings
  • Checkpoints
  • Spikes
  • Fans

Wall Run.PNG

Onboarding

First and foremost, this framework exists as a starting point to jump off of, or even for less experienced devs to learn unity. Because the main focus of this year was rewriting the entire codebase, adding comments of all types and a better, more consistent style.
Made in Unity 2023.1.8, with all the neat features that come with it like shader graph, custom inspectors, visual effects, post processing (URP), and more.
As well as clean project files and a 20 page document to teach you the naming, formatting and conventions followed for this project.

LINK
GitHub Link (Either fork or download the code to access the current Unity Project files and style guide).
Stats and actions.PNG
Projecting Paths.PNG

Updates

09/09/2024 - Uploaded a new build with a fix to the automatic paths not always triggering.

Credits

- SuperSonic68 : This is a complete rewrite of Bumper Engine, so many things have carried over.
- NotSoGreedy and the GT team: The rail grinding functionality, animations and minor effects.
- PossQueen: For the Upreels, hint rings and trail effects.
Many thanks to these incredible creators who shared their content with the community, for the betterment of Sonic fan games (which is fun to say).

- Sega, Sonic Team: Obviously. I don't own any of this.

Comments

Do you need Unity version 2023.1.8f1 or can this be run on any of the newest versions?

Do you need Unity version 2023.1.8f1 or can this be run on any of the newest versions?
I can confirm it works on Unity 2023.1.8 so would advise that.

But other versions of 2023 shouldn't have seen major upgrades or changes, so converting should be safe (though it will warn you first)
Things that might break are asset references. Maybe the blender files will become unusable if you don't reset Unity to being connected to your version of Blender.

If anyone encounters any issues, look for Blaephid in the SAGE discord and DM me there, I'll see what I can do.

Item information

Added by
Blaephid
Views
Comments
Last update

Downloads

More in 3D Frameworks

More from Blaephid

Share this item