don't click here

Christmas SAGE 2023 Advent NEON Demo - Christmas SAGE 2023

Overview

WISHLIST THE FULL GAME ON STEAM!

Advent NEON is a solo-developed passion project meant to combine a ton of the inspirations I've had growing up into a single character and game.

With a focus on accessible, yet nuanced mechanics, speed, flash and tons of immediate power scaling, this game's meant to make anyone feel incredible as they tear through the opposition!

The demo's back with updated visuals and gameplay! Hope you guys enjoy it!

Submit feedback for the demo here!

(Configure keyboard or gamepad controls in the options menu!)
[Action]: [Keyboard input] -- [Gamepad input]
Move: WSAD/Arrows -- Left Stick/D-Pad
Jump: Space/C -- Bottom Face/Right Bumper
Punch: P/Z -- Left Face/Right Trigger + Direction
Dash: O/X -- Top Face/Left Trigger + Direction
Break Attack: I/V -- Right Face + Direction (Can also be done with the Right Stick on Gamepad.)
"Tap up to Jump" can be set.
Gamepad Stick Deadzone can be set between 10% and 85% of the gate radius.
To ensure your gamepad controls are working, you can open a Visualizer for your inputs by going to Options -> Video -> Display Inputs. These show the realtime inputs from your controller regardless of what else is happening ingame.

Directional Attacks - Similar to platform fighters, you get an entire moveset of grounded and aerial moves that change with the held direction!
Attack Chaining/Canceling - Basically, land an attack and you can cancel into whatever the heck else you want.
Directional Dashing - You get two of them here, and you can use them to dodge attacks or travel in any cardinal direction, grounded or in the air. (Yes there's wavedashing for those who want it) Timing a dash with an enemy's attack lets you dodge it and freeze time!
Break Attacks - Strong attacks that use up both of your dash charges; use these to break through enemy armor and counter their attacks, stunning them.
Dodge/Counter - Dash at the right time to freeze time! During this time, attack to hit the enemy with a stronger Break Attack!
Nodes - The green spinning Doritos floating around. Collect 10 of them and recover a health point!
Resonance %- A scaling damage/speed buff that ranges from 0-100%. Hit enemies and collect Nodes to maintain this buff and absolutely snowball in power. The catch? This power goes down when you get hit or idle around. Get in there and smack stuff up (skillfully) and you'll be handsomely rewarded!

-Download the attached zip file
-Open or extract it.
-Click on AdventNEON.exe and get to playing!

Credits

Everything - CryoGX

Comments

NGL This demo was amazing, it really puts the Advent in Advent NEON, but i kinda wish it could have the mid-stage dialogue, otherwise, it's fuckin' great!

Last edited:
The updates to the demo are absolutely fantastic! However, I'm simply wondering if the old Steam demo will be updated to be on par with this one at any point, as it'd be unfair to leave that one in a "less up-to-date" state, at least in my eyes.

The updates to the demo are absolutely fantastic! However, I'm simply wondering if the old Steam demo will be updated to be on par with this one at any point, as it'd be unfair to leave that one in a "less up-to-date" state, at least in my eyes.
Thanks! And I agree! But yeah this demo (and the festive look) is only for this event. Steam will get a new demo early next year for a similar reason, so it won't be left behind for long!

NGL This demo was amazing, it really puts the Advent in Advent NEON, but i kinda wish it could have the mid-stage dialogue, otherwise, it's fuckin' great!
Appreciate it! And yeah while the mid-stage dialogue was fun, it ultimately had too many issues to make it worth the effort, even if I left it as an option. I'd have to write multiple times the dialogue for every stage in the game, which adds up, and the results of that effort ended up inconveniencing a lot of players as the game is too fast to let them read it, or the portraits/text were just transparent enough to be out of the way, but not opaque enough to process. All that extra time on a feature that'd mostly get in the way or get turned off. Voice acting could obviously fix that, but there are no plans for it. I'm grateful that someone liked what I was going for with it though, but yeah it sadly had to go.

Wow this demo is so cool bro, how i can do te resonance breaker?
Once you beat Central District Act 4, you'll be transported to a tutorial room that tells you that the move has been unlocked.

Afterwards, you can perform it by holding down the Dash and Break Attack buttons at the same time, while at max Resonance!

Advent neon is a game...

The best game inspired in sonic?...

A son of sonic and rayman?....

What is Advent neon?

The demo plays amazingly, the amount of combos you’re able to pull off is crazy, and the only bug I’ve found is with the 3rd stage, when you counter punch the missiles the helicopter drops they just freeze. An idea that might already be in the game is if they fly off damaged? Idk I haven’t really looked into it.

Welp, when i played the steam version in 2020-2022 i dont remebmer, i very liked that game, and wishlisted it, i looked videos about it, and when saw the dev log about resonance breaker, i wanted to try it in game, but i dont know how to used it (cuz its was dev log and steam version doesnt updated) I searched in the internet about it, and i tried to find the dev build.. (i was stupid lol) but after those years, i can finally play that amazing game with new mechanics and much much more, thank you CryoGX for that amazing game!

I just got to ask are neon's shoos have something to do with adventure 2 sonics soap shoos?

Item information

Added by
CryoGX
Views
Comments
Last update

Downloads

More in Original Games

More from CryoGX

• Advent NEON®
    Hyperactive action platformer featuring tight schmovement, punch...
  • AdventNEON
    Action platformer with tons of dashing, smash combos and powerscaling

Share this item