Menu

Welcome!

Sonic Fan Games HQ is the largest resource for Sonic the Hedgehog fan gaming on the web and home to SAGE, the annual Sonic Amatuer Games Expo! We specialize in engines, sprites, music, gameplay, levels, gimmicks, the whole eight yards! Got a project you want to show off? Need some help with your game? Or maybe you just want to connect with creators and fans alike! No matter why you're here, hit that register button below to join the fun and start creating today!

1. Hey Guest!

We just updated our SFGHQ Rules & Guidelines. Give them a read, it might just save your life!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest!

Our pals from the SHC are going to be running the Sonic Hacking Contest a little later this year, a bit after SAGE! You should totally check it out by clicking here!

Dismiss Notice

Fan Game What's a good engine for my fan game?

Discussion in 'Creation Labs' started by otatron_, Mar 11, 2019.

1. otatron_

otatron_ The Fattest Thing Alive

I tried to use Sonic Worlds, but I don't have money for Clickteam Fusion. Is there any good alternatives?

2. PM13

PM13 Shameless Recolor

Well you could try the Sonic Max engine. It needs a bit of tweaking out of the box, but overall works fine with the latest Game Maker release. A 12 month Game Maker licence costs $39.

If you needed something free, you might take a look at the Headcannon Game Engine. I don’t have any experience with this one and can’t say for sure how steep the learning curve is, but it’s free so it’s probably worth checking out.

3. otatron_

I tried Sonic Max, but it always says ''Unknown function or script: immersion_play_effect''. Do you know how to fix it?

4. PM13

PM13 Shameless Recolor

The immersion_play_effect function is an obsolete way to manage vibration effects for mobile device. If you don’t plan on releasing your game for mobile devices you can safely comment out any instance of immersion_play_effect.

5. otatron_

ok thx

6. GLXTCHEDGB

GLXTCHEDGB E Rank Member

I can send you a link so u can get fusion 2.5 free. Just ask.

7. Cj the fox

Cj the fox E Rank Member