Live Demo at: https://coderman64.github.io/motobug-engine/
- 360° Genesis-style Sonic physics.
- Sound effects and music via HTML5 audio
- Controller support (through the JS Gamepad API) (beta)
- touch controls support (beta)
- full debug interface (press i)
- Press L to change the level
- hold v and use arrow keys to view around the level
- change character by pressing p (works outside of debug mode)
- slow down the game a bit by holding c
a number of different engines exist that do quite similar things to Motorbug. The most notable of these (off the top of my head) is the Sonic Worlds engine. This is a quite fully-featured and well-tested engine and is much better than Motorbug in most cases. However, to fully utilize this engine, you need to install Multimedia Fusion 2 (MMF2), which is commercial software.
This means that this may be the only mobile-compatible sonic fan engine out there (to my knowledge).
There are also some other implementations of sonic physics written in JS (like this)
Where can I learn more?
More info and source code are available here: https://github.com/coderman64/motobug-engine/
This is a project that I have developed thus far in my free time, and may not receive any support in the future.
Also, many assets (some sound effects, tiles, sprites, etc.) were made by me, and you can use them in your own fan games under the CC-BY-SA license.
There were also many assets used from various other fan projects, as well as official games by SEGA. I do not claim to own these assets, and you should seek the original creators for more info.
1.1 MB Views: 1