Menu

Welcome!

Sonic Fan Games HQ is the largest resource for Sonic the Hedgehog fan gaming on the web and home to SAGE, the annual Sonic Amatuer Games Expo! We specialize in engines, sprites, music, gameplay, levels, gimmicks, the whole eight yards! Got a project you want to show off? Need some help with your game? Or maybe you just want to connect with creators and fans alike! No matter why you're here, hit that register button below to join the fun and start creating today!

1. Hey Guest!

We just updated our SFGHQ Rules & Guidelines. Give them a read, it might just save your life!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest!

Our pals from the SHC are going to be running the Sonic Hacking Contest a little later this year, a bit after SAGE! You should totally check it out by clicking here!

Dismiss Notice

Fan Game I Need A Lot Of Help With Not So Simple Sonic Worlds

Discussion in 'Creation Labs' started by UpDownLeftRight, Sep 15, 2018.

1. UpDownLeftRight

UpDownLeftRight E Rank Member

So basically, I have a lot of ideas for games to make in NSSSW. I have the basics down. Level design, backgrounds, music, but there's a lot of specific things I need help on. If you would answer some of the questions I have, it would go a long way in helping me make my dreams come true. Thank you!

2. UpDownLeftRight

First up, how do I make custom bosses?

3. Super Dirpy Fox

Super Dirpy Fox Also known as 'Chuckles le Enchilada'

There should be a template boss in the Test stage so just modify how it moves and attacks.

4. Greedy_Raider

Greedy_Raider E Rank Member

5. Metalsonic3

Metalsonic3 E Rank Member

Not So Simple Sonic Worlds, it's a Sonic engine for Multimedia/Clickteam Fusion.

6. UpDownLeftRight

Also, how can I make cutscenes? I've seen others do it and for the life of me I can't figure out how to do it. Sorry if I'm annoying anyone with this thread.

7. Super Dirpy Fox

Super Dirpy Fox Also known as 'Chuckles le Enchilada'

I'll quote something I saw once: "There is no specific way to make a cutscene as every cutscene is different". So basically it depends on what you want to do.

8. Metalsonic3

Metalsonic3 E Rank Member

Yeah while there's alot of ways to do cutscenes, one way is to make a timer, just a counter or an alterable value that ticks every frame (Always - add 1 to value), and then add events to happen whenever this timer hits a specific point. You can try using bouncing ball movement to control objects, make events such as Counter 10 = set speed to X and set direction to X, then when Counter 50 = stop object, stuff like that. Might not turn out the pretties but heyyy if you're new to Fusion this might work well enough for now.

9. UpDownLeftRight

Thanks for the help so far. How do I make custom characters?

10. PM13

PM13 Shameless Recolor

Not a NSS Sonic Worlds user, but I did find LakeFeperd’s tutorial series quite interesting. He goes into detail about character creation in this video.

11. UpDownLeftRight

I tried what he did, but the character skin doesn't appear. It's possible I just missed something but I'm kinda lost here. :/ I gave the character animations but it just ain't working

12. PM13

PM13 Shameless Recolor

I’m assuming you watched till the end and followed every instruction, right? There are a lot of things that need to happen to make it work.

13. UpDownLeftRight

Yes, but my game will sometimes randomly not load things, may need to recreate the frame. That usually works.

14. UpDownLeftRight