don't click here

Help adding stomp to Orbinaut Framework 2

OnlyOnGBA-CD

Still don't own a GBA-CD?
Feb 28, 2024
I'm trying to add the stomp, kinda like in Sonic Generations.

The way it's supposed to work is that pressing Down and R while midair is supposed to set a "StompState" variable from -1 to 0, which locks you into an X speed of 0 and a Y speed of 12. When you land, it should set StompState to 1 which triggers a ten frame cooldown before you can move again (unless you hit a bumper or spring or something similar.)

but I'm having a problem where in consistent, but arbitrary parts of the default Orbinaut Framework test level, it seems to set X speed to 0 and Y speed to 12, but the StompState variable is either not set to 0 or is set back to -1 before the screen can update again (the variables in the GIFs under the lives counter are the stomp's cooldown timer and StompState respectively.) This makes it so the stomp's cooldown does not trigger. Let me not exaggerate to you that I do not have the slightest clue what makes this bug happen. It's not only on slopes (the GIFs are on slopes because they provide a good visual of what's going on) and it has nothing to do with layering.

Intended Behavior (the gifs are slowed down because that's how they rendered, sorry:)
intended behavior.gif

Unintended Behavior:
unintended behavior.gif