don't click here

SAGE 2024 - Demo Sonic Unleashed +

aside from the initial set-up being awful to go through (had to reload the game 5 times to be able to play the stage at all), the game itself really isn't that solid.

--- Gameplay ---
controls feel very far from unleashed's control scheme and sort of clash with the way the stage is designed. i also had an issue across my two playthroughs where whenever i slightly tilted the stick left or right during forward movement, i would start drifting in that respective direction. i don't know if this is an issue with dash engine itself or the game, but it was very annoying.

--- Graphics ---
i know this is an incredibly early demo, so i won't be passing too much judgement here. however, the initial look of the game is slightly poor, i can't really verbally explain why i don't like the way it looks. i know that recreating unleashed's lighting system is a pain and a half due to GI mapping, but this current lighting makes everything look flat.

--- Overall ---
i really want to see this project do a lot better, but this first demo is not the best first impression, and i really can't give it more than 2 stars. i'll be keeping my eye on this though, an unleashed PC port in any form (werehog or not) would be a dream come true, and this is the only project like it so far.
The port looks good however is buggy

When I started the game for some reason sonic was walking towards the screen without me touching my controller, its even noticeable when going through settings as it would just have the left joystick move down without there being any input actually made (I don't know if its my controller experiencing stick drift but i rarely ever use my controller).

There is also major performance issues where i would experience heavy lag spikes from time to time.
Reactions: Team Hero Studios
Team Hero Studios
Team Hero Studios
Hi, thanks for playing U+, next patch should have a performance boost, if you have problems I do recommend having a look at the graphics settings, the controller issues does seem to be on your side, probably stick drift, I have already seen the code and there should be nothing that causes what you are describing.