don't click here

Sonic AM2

Ok, so things I want to say I find good about this fan game. The concept itself is pretty neat. I may not play a lot of arcade games, but having played stuff like SA2, a arcade platformer Sonic game sounds like an obvious choice. Like Sonic Rush 3d, the fact the game does use a more low-poly look does give it some charm.

And now the downsides. What I will say before going into them is that this is a very early demo. I feel with certainty that this will be improved as the game is developed.

Downside 1. Sonics model. According to the person who made this, Sonics model has around 732 or 532 polygons, like Crash Bandicoot does. While this is a higher polygon count that Sonic Rs model, there are ways it looks iffy. The main idea for the fan game is if AM2 made a platformer, so I believe this can be resolved with either just using the fighters model, or remodeling Sonic to more closely resemble that model.

Downside 2. Textures. I'm not gonna lie. Some of the texturework is pretty poor. This is mostly for things that are just a flat color. Such as the water, and what I assume is supposed to be bits of sand in the water. The parts in the early part of the level that are properly textured though, look pretty good.

Downside 3. Attacking. So, it isn't as bad as Bubsy 3d, heck I don't know of a 3d platformer with worse hit boxes than Bubsy 3d, but Sonic has to jump on top of an enemy like he's Mario to attack. I know the person who made this game probably hasn't managed to figure how to do the spin jump yet, but in a substantial update, I expect Sonic to be able to do so, which can allow for him to do things like jump and attack the bee robots from underneath, instead of needing to find floating platforms to give him the height to jump on them.
my list rank = 3th. the game itself is very good. the game is a bit laggy on my pc, but it is a minor problem.