don't click here

SAGE 2023 - Demo Sonic Adventure 2 : Green Hill Zone Reimagined

Not sure what is being called here "reimagined", since all I see is some test project. Sounds harsh, although I really don't get the appeal. At least Sonic controls ok. Visually it doesn't look great to be honest.
Reactions: F108_Star
Fanodevy
Fanodevy
The main reason this game is called Green Hill Zone Reimagined is because it was inspired by the Green Hill Zone found in Sonic Adventure 2 as a bonus level.
Except if you prefer the game to be called:
Sonic DEMO with a Green Hill Zone Inspired from SA2 made with Unreal Engine 4.27.2 but with Sonic controls based on Infinity Engine and with completely different level design and gimmicks.
I seriously don't see how you would want to call the game :D
Regarding the visual of the level, you don't have to be a genius to understand that the purpose of the demo it was not to be aesthetic.
Know that the game itself was created in 2 days and that the main goal of the game was people's opinion about the control of sonic and level design, not environment art.
If you could make a more constructive criticism on the objectives of this demo and not just say "At least Sonic controls ok."
that would be cool :]
The controls were fine and the level design solid, even tho I kept bumping into invisible walls, but it wasn't that much of a problem. I played with a controller and the camera was really slow. Overall, I had some fun with this!
Fanodevy
Fanodevy
I'm glad you liked it, I promise the final version won't have as many invisible walls as this one XD