don't click here

SAGE 2024 - Demo SAGE 2024 - Sonic Mushroom Blast Aquatic Ruins Demo

Project Information

Sonic Mushroom Blast is a work in progress total conversion mod for Super Mario 64 that aims to reskin every single level, item, texture, song, and enemy to better suit that of a 3D Sonic game. It also features a custom Sonic model inspired by the Studio Junio design, complete with custom animations, physics, multi-threaded 60fps, and specialized global illumination lighting engine for N64! The project is currently roughly 25% complete, and already includes recreations of Emerald Coast (SA1), Green Grove (3D Blast), Sonic World (Sonic Jam), and Sonic-ified versions of Bob-Omb Battlefield, Peach's Secret Slide, Castle Grounds, and The Secret Aquarium.

This demo features a custom level made exclusively for this event, inspired by Aquatic Ruins from Sonic 2, where you can explore the largest single area horizontal level ever made for N64! For a frame of reference, the level featured is 16x bigger than a vanilla Mario 64 level, utilizing the full power of my custom lighting engine I've dubbed Hedgehog Engine 64 for its ability to mimic indirect lighting seen in global illumination technologies. If the game detects that you're using a bad N64 emulator, the lighting engine falls back to the older Lantern Engine-styled palette based lighting system.

I strongly recommend you use the Parallel Launcher emulator to play this (with the GlideN64 video plugin) as it is made specifically for playing Mario 64 mods and has direct integration with the website romhacking.com.

Toei Sonic Blakeoramo.png

Media

Updates

2022: Project Creation
2023: Coldsteel Adventure 7 Demo (For a Simpleflips Troll Competition)
2024: SAGE 2024 Aquatic Ruin Demo

Credits

Project Lead/Main Developer/Custom Music/Sound Design: Blakeoramo
Concept Art: Azura
Additional Art: FlamingoPlinko
Sonic Jam Idle Animations: Dshaynie
Loop De Loop Help: Kaze Emanuar, Rovertronic, RobiNERD
Multithreading/60fps Implementation: Fazana
Additional Credits: Sonic Team, Nintendo EAD, psychocunt1337 on Discord (refered to as P.C. in-game), Sprites/Models/Sound/Textures Resource

Comments

There are no comments to display.

Item information

Added by
Blakeoramo
Views
Last update

Downloads

More in ROM Hacks

Share this item