don't click here

SAGE 2024 - Demo Metal Crash - 2-stage pack

Overview

Hey, thanks for checking out Metal Crash! If you missed the download link, click here to download!

Here is a fangame with a mix of Crash Bandicoot and Metal Slug style gameplay. For the most part it's run & gun, so just make sure you survive, especially since there are no checkpoints!

This is my earliest Crash Bandicoot fangame from 2010-2014 or so, predating Crash N. Tense. My plans for the game were too grand originally, but I wanted to finally put this into some sort of playable form so I went through everything that was there already - removed useless/WIP features that aren't needed for a shorter experience, put together stage graphics with Tyrzi, and here we go, two stages for a short little experience to show what I once was working on.

I kept most things the same as they once were instead of trying to finetune everything and worrying about if it's all perfect and getting caught up in development hell. A few small bugs here and there but nothing shooould break, do lemme know if it does though.

metalcrash01.png

So, this little lowkey game here features two stages.
Hard Hatters - A rather difficult stage, but shows the basics of the game a touch clearer. Graphics by Tyrzi.
Creepy & Kooki - A slightly easier stage, but visually a bit more confusing for new players. Graphics by Jargonfox (that's me).

Controls (default keys, change in the intro screen):
WASD - move
Space - Jump
J - Spin, basically your up-close physical attack.
K - Shoot. Hold down for a charge shot.

And that's about it for now!

metalcrash04.png

ps. While I currently have no plans to work on this further, I am sort of looking for interest for the project in general, especially from pixel artists who'd be interested in making level art for this. No specific plans, just a "if someone makes graphics for a stage, I'll turn it into a stage" sort of a thing. One stage per artist would be the current plan. Lemme know in the comments if you'd be interested or like this project in general, I might put a forum thread together if I decide to continue this further.

Credits & links:
Jargonfox - Twitter - Youtube
Tyrzi - Twitter - Newgrounds - Youtube

Comments

Crash Bandicoot being given a gun is an exciting, ridiculous pitch that you can only get out of fangames and I am in love with it.

Everything here seems super solid, the weapon lineup is fun, and the stage design is neat.

I do think the actual Crash Bandicoot mechanics feel a little redundant and arbitrary in light of Crash Bandicoot becoming a card carrying NRA member and the checkpointing feels a little harsh, but these feel like easily fixed problems.

Super excited to see where this goes

Crash Bandicoot being given a gun is an exciting, ridiculous pitch that you can only get out of fangames and I am in love with it.

Everything here seems super solid, the weapon lineup is fun, and the stage design is neat.

I do think the actual Crash Bandicoot mechanics feel a little redundant and arbitrary in light of Crash Bandicoot becoming a card carrying NRA member and the checkpointing feels a little harsh, but these feel like easily fixed problems.

Super excited to see where this goes
I actually did at first have checkpoints in this, buuut after plans changed (as in, was thinking of having this be a part of something bigger) I just took em out to make things a bit easier for myself to handle. But yeah, if I dooo happen to continue this, and espeeecially if the levels end up being any longer, I'd definitely add checkpoints back in.

Also, thanks!

Item information

Added by
Metalsonic3 // Jargonfox
Views
Comments
Last update

Downloads

More in Fan Games

More from Metalsonic3 // Jargonfox

Share this item