Alpha One is a top-down action, 4X-lite strategy game. You control a lone space capsule to gather and control resources in another galaxy!
Stranded in deep space as a result of an accident, you are pitted against an unknown opponent in a galactic struggle for resources and your only way home!
In Alpha One you will:
- eXplore star systems to discover resources, technology, loot and much more. Chart the galaxy, make your plan, then acquire, research and do anything you have to to get yourself home
- eXpand and deploy automated outposts to do your harvesting for you
- eXploit your resources to repair, research and build; working toward your final goal - get yourself home
- eXterminate a ruthless opponent or go for a pacifist victory, there is a neutral faction that could be receptive to diplomacy
- Classic Newtonian physics with real space-feel. This is not your Dad’s X-Wing that somehow obeys the laws of aerodynamics in space. No. If you thrust in a direction you have to apply counter force in the opposite direction to come to a stop. This might take some getting used to since you’ve probably been spoiled by all that gravity at your feet.
- Compete for resources in dogfights with hostile ships. A quick escape may be your best bet! No need to "git gud" if you outsmart your opponent and bring the right tool for the job!
- Defend your outposts with your ship or leave it up to automated Gunship Defenders (which you can manually reposition)
- Strategically deploy your Gunships Defenders on the map to protect your resource production
- Attack your opponent’s outposts and main base to hinder their expansion and reduce their overall strength. Or just eliminate them, after all, they want you dead.
- Use each resource for its own line of weapons and defense abilities
- Defense types can counter certain weapons
- Strategically expand to systems with resources that counter your opponent!
- Does the opponent have a level 3 metal weapon? Well you better find a gas system for resources to make a gas shield!
- Your opponent has no energy resources near them? Even better, they won’t be able to defend your gas weaponry!
- Defense: ENERGY blocks GAS, GAS blocks METAL, METAL blocks ENERGY
- StoryMode puts you on an interstellar vessel, where you wake up alone and confused. How did you get here? How will you get home? Experience the story through a set of maps that leads to a final climax
- CustomMode allows you to generate your own map and settings for a custom, randomized experience