don't click here

Fan Game Speed Strats (Sonic Pack for Mari0 AE)

LeEpicPasta

Green Hill Zone
Apr 24, 2023
Screenshot 2023-07-11 104018.png biganimations-export.gif

Hello! The name's LeEpicPasta. This is the first forum post I've made here and is also going to be the first project I'm going to try releasing it to SAGE!
This game is still a work in progress. I've been on it for about a year now and I'm getting progressively closer to a demo's release.
In order to play it when the demo releases, you'll need to download Mari0 AE first. It still kind of puzzles me what you may even be able to consider this game. Would I even be allowed to submit the demo?

This game is downloadable content for a mod for an already existing fangame! But the majority of the stuff shown in it was my own work. This project contains new art, levels, a mappack, and a brand new playable character! (sonic)

It was quite the fun challenge making this. A sonic game in a Mario fangame can be really janky! There are some limitations I had to deal with while making this. First of all, Sonic's controls take some time getting used to.
For example, in normal sonic games, you require to press down and jump to spindash. Problem is, you already need that button to crouch jump (crouch jumping is important in Mario games). To solve this, that button had been mapped to the run button. I also didn't want to program sonic revving up a spindash because of how difficult it is to do in Mari0 so instead he uses the sonic cd one. You're unable to jump while rolling or in a peelout. You have to cancel it first before you can jump again (mapped to the jump and the run buttons).

My main idea for the map was to use levels from pre-existing sonic games that people either don't talk about much, genuinely disliked, or just ended up being there because they're personal favorite sonic levels!

The mappack's ost uses the original music from sonic games. Except for aqua lake. I used my own remix for that!
I'm going to consider making a title screen theme and an invincibility theme whenever I get the chance to.

You can check out the remix on my youtube channel!

With that out of the way, I can now show you some screenshots of me actually playing the game!
Screenshot 2023-07-11 111746.png Screenshot 2023-07-11 112941.png
Screenshot 2023-07-11 113315.png Screenshot 2023-07-11 115521.png

Tell me if you got any questions! And if I've done or said anything wrong, don't hesitate in correcting me! I'm still new here!