Votes: 5 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Starturbo

Fast Moving Star
Aug 29, 2017
United States
So, I've known about this game for a while, and man do I like it! I've talked with one of the Indie Pogo developers quite a bit, and he seems like a really nice guy as well.

What is Indie Pogo, you may ask? Well, it's a 2D indie-crossover fighting game with an auto-jump mechanic. Yes, this means you're constantly jumping, which reminds me a lot of certain mobile games. From what I hear, Indie Pogo actually started out as a mobile game, before becoming a game for PC/consoles.

There are both characters you may recognize, and some you may not know of, which is common for commercial indie crossover games.

Here's some videos:

And here's a link to their Steam page:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/818210/Indie_Pogo/

Lastly here's the developers' Twitter:

https://twitter.com/LoweBros

Of course, this game isn't for everyone. I know some people dislike the auto-jump mechanic, or that Zorbie character (some people find him disturbing, others find him hilarious, I personally find him weird, but cool). Still, it would be nice to hear everyone's thoughts on this!

Last edited:

Starturbo

Fast Moving Star
Aug 29, 2017
United States
Understandable. I personally fail to see that, but maybe if you're used to games like Melee it's more visible. It could just be due to the auto-jump mechanic, as it seems difficult to make that type of gameplay fast-paced. Still, maybe they will adjust it, or maybe it just takes some getting used to. As much as it may not look it, I do feel the game has competitive potential, as there are actually quite a few moves that are available per character.

I guess I've just been really hopeful for this game, as there aren't many options for a good indie crossover fighter. I've already shared some my thoughts on Indie Game Battle, and there's also Indie Assault (which was released in a very unfinished state, then removed, and now they are making improvements, but still) There's also Bounty Battle, and while it looks good to me, I prefer this game.

Gamingmage

Green Hill Zone
Aug 29, 2017
I love how all the 200$ cameo slots are now gone already, there go any chance of me wanting to donate to this rip.

Starturbo

Fast Moving Star
Aug 29, 2017
United States
Surprised to see you here! I would still donate a little bit if I were you (assuming you were actually going to donate $200), but it's your money. I will say, beta testing in particular I feel is priced way too high. Actually surprised so many people donated the $200 (not a bad thing though, as they really need the money).

Starturbo

Fast Moving Star
Aug 29, 2017
United States
Worth mentioning they also recently got permission for Octodad, Bleed, Awesomenauts, and likely others.

I really want this game to succeed, so I highly suggest checking it out, and maybe donating to the Kickstarter if possible. I get it's not for everyone, but I hear you get used to the auto-jump pretty quickly while playing.

Also, if this game fails for whatever reason (not their Kickstarter, but in general), I probably won't trust the concept of an indie crossover fighter again (though, there's also Bounty Battle, I suppose).