don't click here

SAGE 2024 - Complete Sonic Gamebook Origins

Overview

Screenshot0.png

Screenshot1.png Screenshot2.png Screenshot3.png Screenshot4.png Screenshot5.png

A brand-new old adventure!
  • Relive the classic adventure gamebook Sonic vs. Zonik, now in full digital glory!
  • Everything is recorded by the game! No more pencil and paper - enjoy the adventure without lifting a finger!
  • Progress saves automatically, so come back and resume your game as you please!
  • Never get lost again with the included Cheat Sheet, a detailed guide to every section in the game!
  • Toggle a variety of options to customize your experience and foil Robotnik's diabolical traps!
  • Features authentic Sega Genesis music to suit the mood of each location!
Save Data
Sonic vs. Zonik game data is saved to a JSON file automatically after visiting a section. Options are saved to a JSON file upon clicking the "Save Changes" button in the Options menu.

Save data is located at the following Windows path:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\LocalLow\ThePowerPlayer\Sonic Gamebook Origins

To delete your saved progress, simply click the "Erase Save Data" button at the bottom of the Options menu, then click "Yes". Alternatively, open this path in File Explorer (replace <username> with your own username), then simply delete "SonicVsZonik.json" and/or "Options.json".

Open source!
Source code: https://github.com/ThePowerPlayer/GamebookOrigins

itch.io link:
https://thepowerplayer.itch.io/sonic-gamebook-origins

Updates

Update 1 Released!
  • Reduces the score for the "Lenient Pinball Score" option from 70 to 60.
  • Fixes future Game Overs not being initiated if the Free Play option is used to bypass the first Game Over.
  • Removes "Game Over" text when visiting a new section, not just when using the back button.
  • Fixes choices for the giant Badnik battle on Section 268.
  • Adds an animation for the ring sprite.
  • Adds text notifying the player that they can click to skip the die roll animation.
  • Fixes Section 211 potentially showing the Game Over text and a new section choice at the same time.
  • Stops Game Over themes from being played on sections other than their own.
  • Always perform section logic when returning after a save is reloaded.
  • Updates sprites for the inventory bag and checkboxes.
  • Adds an option to reset options to default.
  • Adds an option to erase save data.

Credits

All images, audio and text are copyright of their respective holders. The Sonic the Hedgehog franchise is © SEGA. All music is from the Sonic the Hedgehog and Streets of Rage series, and is © SEGA. All sound effects are from the Sonic the Hedgehog series, and are © SEGA.

Sonic vs. Zonik is written by Nigel Gross and Jon Sutherland and is © SEGA. Cover illustration by Keith Ward.

This is a non-profit fan work programmed by ThePowerPlayer.

Comments

I don't know if this problem hapends only on me but on my srceen (resolution 3440X1440) certain aspects of the game, mainly the upper and lower parts of it are hidden. I managed to fix the problem by changing the internal resolution of my screen to a lower one but I would've appreciated if there was a resolution option in the options menu so I don't have to change my resolution every time I want to play the game. Other than that I really liked it and I'm looking foward to reading it. Keep up the good work.

Playing this was an absolute blast! I've always had a soft spot for gamebooks. This is a incredibly unique way to present Sonic that I haven't seen done in a long time. Thank you for preserving the gamebook(s) and making this awesome experience!

Item information

Added by
ThePowerPlayer
Views
Comments
Last update

Downloads

More in Fan Games

Share this item