don't click here

SAGE 2024 - Demo RoboGAL(SAGE 2024 DEMO)

Overview

LogoPresetVDemo2024.png

Rei-Bo was playing happily on the outskirts of Plutobell when suddenly a gigantic spaceship crashed into the island!

2024-08-10_16-21-45.gif
2024-08-10_16-27-49 (1).gif
2024-08-10_16-27-49.gif
2024-08-10_16-21-45 (2).gif

PauseRei-Bo.png

A retro-classic action platformer game with ROBOT GALS!

DEMO DETAILS
  • The first DEMO of our first game.
  • A Classic Megaman inspired jump 'n shooting game.
  • Control a friendly G∆L* by shooting and dodging various obstacles.
  • The demo contains TWO of the 6 initial stages, the spaceship's Solar Energy Garden and Toy Planetary.
  • Face the bosses (Hana-Sol and Char-Wuf) and get her special weapons!
*G∆L: Gaga Delta Lady

REI-BO
roborun.gif

- A G∆L who lives happily and loves to play around!
- She lives in the central tower responsible for running the island of Plutobell.
- She was sent to take care of the tower, but rarely remembers it : p

HANA-SOL
Hana-SolIdle.gif

- She lives in the garden of the flying fortress, but prefers to sleep...zzz...zzz
- Absorbs various types of hallucinogenic spores.
- Doesn't know what's going on.

CHAR-WUF
Char-WufRunnn.gif

- She made a mess in the planetarium area.
- Likes to play and never gets tired!
- Dogg!

I hope you enjoy our demo!
Characters.png

~This version may not be free of bugs, if you find any, please contact us!~

Follow us on our Social Media and Discord Server to keep up with our updates!
Our game will also be on Ichi.io, we'll release both the demo and the final game there!

CONTROLS

Arrows
: Move
Space
: Jump
Z
: Shoot/Confirm
Shift
or
Down + Jump
: Slide
Q
and
E
: Change Weapons
Enter
: Pause
X
: Stumble?/Cancel

*The controls can be changed in configuration screen.
*RoboGAL has automatic support for Playstation and XBOX controllers.

image (5).png 567567.png 2f2f2.png 234234.png wefwef.png sdfsdf.png bgbgf.png beb.png 474.png vsdsf.png ytjtyj.png asd.png image (7).png rt.png image (8).png image.png 234.png imagea.png grge.png wef.png SAGE24WideCover.png

Media

Updates

We've released an updated version 1.01, which fixes some bugs!

Credits

@Khael: Art and Level Design
@Shin Horacio: Programing and Level Design

@nwcr: Music and SFX

Testers:

Casual / Shiro / Nobushi / Rain / Power / Frost / Dina / Skelvi / Kenauevi / Neoware
Reactions: pd_CGT and BBLIR

Latest reviews

This game is really cool! I love the game's artstyle, characters, music, and gameplay. It's really cool seeing what tricks you can do with the stage gimmicks and enemies around you to proceed. The game also has a really nice difficulty to it!
Reactions: Khael
Khael
Khael
Thank you very much for the review. I'm really glad you liked it^^
Cute platformer taking inspiration from megaman obviously, REALLY good visuals and sound design all around. Wish jumping from slide/dashing kept the speed, but that might be my megaman x brainrot.
Khael
Khael
We made it so that it looks more like a slide, so much so that it can be used with bass + jump button.

Still, I'm glad you liked it!
Cute and Funny
Reactions: Shin Horacio
S
Shin Horacio
I'm glad that you liked it!

Comments

Very nice Mega Man-like! The aesthetics are neat, the sound effects and music are pleasant, if a bit unsatisfying, the level design is solid, if a bit on the easy side. I have some additional comments:
- I expected a tippy-toe like in MM, I missed it very early on in the plant stage;
- I am very glad I could rebind the controls, I did not like what I saw. However, having to use Z (which is next to T for me) and X was very awkward;
- I noticed the galaxy man background, be careful about borrowed assets if you wanna sell the game. The stage's aesthetic is also kinda unclear - wolf boss, initial space theme with cars but then lego heads and toys.
I have a bunch of nitpicks too but I'll keep this comment brief. Overall I had a good time!

- I noticed the galaxy man background, be careful about borrowed assets if you wanna sell the game. The stage's aesthetic is also kinda unclear - wolf boss, initial space theme with cars but then lego heads and toys.
Thank your for the feedback, we made control bindings based on our own keyboard, so it must be different to other regions, we'll check it better. We didn't use any borrowed/pre-existing asset that is not already credited inside the game, so we don't know what you're talking about mentioning galaxy man.

Its an ok game, the main problem is that this play exacly like megaman, there isn't any cool new stuff that we didn't see already, the basic idea is cool but the execution its just megaman

how about adding a fullscreen option dude
Unfortunately, we didn't have time to add a full-screen option to the game that would work without distorting the resolution. But it's something we definitely want to add in the future!

pretty good megaman like - played the plant stage and really liked the mirror mechanics. i will say that one of my favorite parts of playing megaman x is pressing jump + dash at the same time to send him flying through the air - i found myself feeling frustrated by the way that robogal's dash momentum is totally stuffed by her jump, meaning that she can't really do that.

pretty good megaman like - played the plant stage and really liked the mirror mechanics. i will say that one of my favorite parts of playing megaman x is pressing jump + dash at the same time to send him flying through the air - i found myself feeling frustrated by the way that robogal's dash momentum is totally stuffed by her jump, meaning that she can't really do that.
Oh yes, people have confused this a lot when comparing it to the Megaman X dash. Even though it looks like this, it's actually similar to the slide in classic games, so much so that you can do it with the “down + jump button”.

Item information

Added by
Khael
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
4.86 star(s) 7 ratings

Downloads

More in Original Games

Share this item