don't click here

SAGE 2022 - Demo Mega Man X8 16-bit (Demo3 - Outdated)

This game is an improvement to the original and it brings me back to a simpler time when MMX was just a run and gun with secrets, but also has the potential to have the animation qualities of MM8 on the Playstation. Though I do miss the currency system that allowed me to upgrade my character and the other 5 character choices, I believe you are heading in the right direction regardless (But please, bring back shop and currency. It gave me a reason to replay a stage more than twice.).

The armors were amazing too, with smooth animation and amazing abilities to match the set completion bonus (Though you might want to give the Hermes set a bit of a Flaming Mammoth red on the parts that change color and change the cyan of the upper arms and legs to gray.)! I hope you add the parts combo abilities as well as the Neutral and Ultimate armors as well.

All in all, it scratches the itch that JKB's MMX: Corrupted has taken more than 5 years (and on going) to take care of. For as long his game has been in development, it better be able to blow yours out of the water, but from what I've played so far that doesn't seem to be likely any time soon.
I forgot to leave a rating in my previous comment, but everything I said there applies.
This is absolutely fantastic! compared to the original, this demo blows it out of the park!

I love megaman X way more than the original simply because of graphics but you've made enemy animations smoother! and the backgrounds are so snes like, (excuse the journalist) it FEELS like a offical megaman X game!

the fact that you also left a full boss AND 2 power armours in the debug mode means you really want this game to take off!

and I hope you achieve that dream someday! please never give up!
Reactions: Niccon_Art
N
Niccon_Art
I can’t figure out how to make a review of my own, so I’m commenting here.

I just played it and this is absolutely amazing dude! I love X8 and this is fantastic! Please continue working on this and see it to the end! My only wish is that you add the other playable characters, at least Zero. I loved X8 for its multiple player characters, and that’s the only thing this rom hack demake is missing.