don't click here

SAGE 2024 - Demo Lyrestruck (SAGE 2024 demo)

Overview

This game follows Irina, who's been wandering through an endless forest, in search of an exit. Will she discover the roots of this curse and break out?

ScreensScreenshot_5.png

Lyrestruck is inspired mainly by Metroid, and partially by Mega Man with its tight controls.
This demo includes the first area of this 2D platformer Metroidvania, which serves as an introduction to the game. 4 more areas are planned, which will uncover the secrets of the forest.

ScreensScreenshot_55.png

For your feedback, complaints and bug reports, I've provided a form you can fill out - https://forms.gle/5iRS4sBfUUNBqytZ7, but you can also contact me directly over Twitter/X, Discord (contacts listed in the form) or here in the comments.

I hope you enjoy the game, and if you did, please check out my Twitter account (@lyrestruckgame) for updates!

Latest reviews

I like what's here! The graphics are nice, the universe is intriguing and I do love Metroidvania, especially those that seem to borrow more from Metroid, so this is quite a nice entry.

I especially liked the chase sequence, with the creepy sounds the giant ant makes. I was surprised by how short the demo was, because I definitely wanted to know where I landed at the end but I'll have to wait :)
The only thing that bugged me is how certain room felt like they changed from one moment to another, but maybe I'm just bad at orientation! Anyway it fitted the "lost in an endless forest" theme quite well!

Keep up the good work, I am curious to see more of Lyrestruck!
Reactions: BBLIR
BBLIR
BBLIR
Thanks! I'm glad you liked it. There are actually rooms that change through the demo! Especially down in the cave.

Comments

This game has got some great presentation! It'd be neat to see what you could do with a fuller color palette and not, like, eight colors or whatever this is, but it's still looking great despite the limitations. I think you could do away with the stamina bar and make the game more fun, and it kind of takes a while to get anywhere right now, but you've got a working engine and some good graphics and I imagine this will go somewhere good in time.

Item information

Added by
BBLIR
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
4.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Downloads

More in Original Games

More from BBLIR