don't click here

SAGE 2024 - Demo Knight George (SAGE 2024 Demo)

Overview

Save the Kingdom of Earlyne from an evil wizard!

Twenty years ago, an evil force driven by Feli’Seth, a feline-like wizard, wreaked havoc in the Kingdom of Earlyne, defenseless against such a foe. Thankfully, the valiant Knight Harayi managed to fend him off using his strength and the power of three legendary fairies, usually scattered all across the land, and sealed him away from this realm. As the Kingdom got rebuilt under the reign of King Edgar II, with Queen Nandu and their newly-born son Prince Philip at his side, Knight Harayi went on a lonely and peaceful retirement in his isolated Lair.

One bright morning, a young knight was called by the King to go on a mission of the utmost importance: find and bring Knight Harayi back to the Earlyne Castle as numerous signs were hinting at a return of the evil Feli’Seth. This youngster is Knight George, a childhood friend and lover of Prince Philip, and is about to go on the adventure of a lifetime.

And YOU will guide him through it!

Knight George is an Action-RPG game on Windows only in which you play as the titular character in the Kingdom of Earlyne, wielding your trusty sword and many objects to ultimately save the day. It is made as a tribute to the Nintendo Game Boy, with several 4-color palettes and a limited amount of buttons (with some degrees of customization to add more of them as quality of life features!)

Screen_083.png

The entrance of the Matava Temple.

This SAGE 2024 Demo version contains one of the game's dungeons, the Matava Temple! It also features a training room where you can learn how to use the three items already in your possession: the Sword, the Shield and the Catacable.

The full game is scheduled for release in 2026, with 10 main dungeons to go through, around 20 items to discover such as the Amulet of Life to control several animals in Earlyne, and many characters and locations to explore!

Screen_302.png

Use your items to conquer many dungeons!

DEFAULT CONTROLS (Keyboard/Gamepad)
- Move: Arrow Keys / Left Stick or D-Pad
- Item A, Validate: X / "A" Button on X360
- Item B, Cancel: C / "B" Button on X360
- Action: V/"X" Button on X360
- Change Item A: Q and W/"LB" and "LT" trigger buttons on X360
- Change Item B: H and B / "RB" and "RT" trigger buttons on X360
- Pause: Return / "Start" button on X360
- Map: Space / "Select" button on X360

These controls can be remapped in the Options menu, and the Action and Change Item keys can be deactivated for a more traditional old-school experience!

Screen_116.png

Fight relentless bosses!
To follow the development of the game:
Itch.io page with monthly devlogs: https://linky439.itch.io/knight-george
Twitter account of the developer: https://x.com/Linky439

Updates

09/05/2024: Uploaded v0.1.0.4.
08/23/2024: Added back the game file that didn't upload on 08/14.

Credits

Game by: Louis Pilavoine
Composer: Isabelle Chiming
Artworks & Chara Design: Kim "Laenarra" Guenego
Logo: Blaz
English Localization: Louis Pilavoine, Robin Griffault
Playtesters: Madiana Davidas, Robin Griffault, Camille Barbier

Color Palette Engine: Pixelated Pope

Special thanks to Kévin "Mex" Jolicart, Flo Meunier (Floya), E-magination

Latest reviews

I enjoyed this quite a bit. Link's awakening is always a stellar place to get inspiration from and I think you captured the feel of it pretty well. I think that the difficulty is right on par for me, and the shoulder buttons to swap items was good because of how often you had to. I can envision a time where there's too many items, with 10 dungeons planned, so I'd recommend finding some way to make getting to the item you want a little faster when you need to menu, or finding some way to add favorites or something. But what was there was pretty great.
Reactions: Linky439
Linky439
Linky439
Thanks for the review! Yes, I'll see what can be done for the items when the inventory is more filled than in the demo, thanks for the tip!

Comments

There are no comments to display.

Item information

Added by
Linky439
Views
Reviews
Last update
Rating
4.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Downloads

More in Original Games