don't click here

SAGE 2024 - Demo Kane TV: The Game (SAGE 2024 DEMO)

I enjoyed my time with this game! It's clear you love this YouTube channel dearly and It's a very fine tribute.

Controlling Kane and using the whip feels great. It feels just how a whip should in a game like this, and the jumping feels just right.

The music was great, with fitting area themes and a good sense of drive to them. The sound effects were good, though I felt the coin sound was a little strange. Reminded me somewhat of the coin sound in Wario Land 1, which isn't a bad thing of course.

I have two main complaints - The first one is what happens when you die. I enjoyed how spread out the checkpoints are, meaning I really had to master an area to get through it. However, I felt losing ALL money upon death made collecting stuff feel pretty pointless, especially with how fast death can come in some parts. Perhaps it could just reset your money to the amount you had at the checkpoint?

My other main issue comes with enemies that use projectiles. They seem to operate on a global timer, so if you get unlucky you can just be sniped by an enemy immediately when they come on screen. This is a big problem in the train level, where you have little in the way of vertical room to maneuver the fast bullets that appear the moment gunmen are onscreen. It also made the timing feel random, so learning these areas and creating strategies felt too dependent on luck.

I don't speak Portuguese so I don't watch Kane's youtube channel, but he should be proud to have fans who pour so much time, talent, and love into projects like this. Great work!
Reactions: Matth33w
Matth33w
Matth33w
Thank you for your time playing the 2024 demo and for the feedback!!