don't click here

SAGE 2024 - Demo Free Skies (SAGE '24 Demo)

Overview

Download the SAGE '24 Demo! [Mirror #1] [Mirror #2]

Follow our progress on Twitter!

FreeSkiesSAGE.gif

KNOWN ISSUES
  • Audio volume low after level reload: Can be resolved by setting audio volume back to 100% in the settings, then if the audio gets too loud all of a sudden, setting it back to what it used to be.
  • (FIXED Sep 8) Startup Splashscreen has some flickering/banding
  • Can occasionally skip entering vert state unintentionally
  • Sudden loss of momentum: Rare cases where after landing from an acid-drop, you lose all speed.
seperatorpattern.png

vlcsnap-2024-08-14-14h26m58s665.png

seperatorpattern.png

About
Free Skies is a mix of arcade skating and speedy platforming inspired by Jet Set Radio, Tony Hawk, and of course, Sonic. This demo aims to provide a vertical slice of what Free Skies hopes to explore, with open sandbox levels designed for trick-based gameplay, linear exploratory levels where you get to play around with the mechanics to find your path forward, and faster high-octane levels where your goal is to get to the end in the fastest time.

CROPPED_vlcsnap-2024-08-14-14h20m36s584.png

Aliyah, the protagonist, can do whatever any good skater can - she can stylishly go up quarter pipes, acid drop into them, spine transfer between them, as well as rail grind. But, that's not all! Equipped with her trusty finger guns and spring legs, she can do a lot more than Tony Hawk (the person) can. Her spring legs give her the ability to spring kick off of any walls, while her finger guns allow her to open up new paths along the way.

CROPPED_vlcsnap-2024-08-14-14h37m21s200.png

In this demo, explore a village high up in the skies where you'll be tasked with helping the locals with their wacky day-to-day dilemmas, travel through the insides of a sentient tree while attempting to uncover the path forward, and speed through its branches above the clouds in the most stylish way you can.

CROPPED_vlcsnap-2024-08-14-14h31m46s746.png

seperatorpattern.png

CONTROLS
freeskiescontrols.png

seperatorpattern.png

Credits

Ahmed T- Game Designer, Level Designer, Writer
AbdulNosirrom - Gameplay/Graphics Programmer, VFX Artist
Ana V. Villegas - Concept Artist
Lee Hart - 3D Artist, Animator
Macabra Azurine - UI Designer
TheobaldTheBird - Worlds Best Playtester

Special Thanks:
Inedicabilis
Harry
Alice C.
Tsukihanya (Matsu)
Lakespirit
Lyra M.
Benjamin Braswell
Senley
- Writing contribution

Comments

Game is pretty fun. Had to fight it a bit since I don't use windows, but launching it through steam and forcing proton got it to work. Took a bit to get use to releasing the control stick to jump properly on halfpipes. I look forward to seeing how this changes in the future.

Game is pretty fun. Had to fight it a bit since I don't use windows, but launching it through steam and forcing proton got it to work. Took a bit to get use to releasing the control stick to jump properly on halfpipes. I look forward to seeing how this changes in the future.
Yeeeah the vert skipping 'input' is something we kinda wanna figure out a better solution for since it can be kinda counterintuitive (though sometimes vert is just skipped for no reason which is another issue lol), but thank you for trying it out!!!

I love what you've got so far!! The gameplay is great and the character dialogue makes everything feel so lively. I'd love to see more of this game in the future!

positively loved this game. putting a little more sonic the hedgehog rollercoaster sensibility into your jet set radio trick-platforming is exactly as fun as it sounds, and the village map just has sooo much love and excitement and joy built into it and it really shines through. a game with a mix of town size explorative skateparks and sonic-esque speed levels really works, too. i can't wait to see more!! also i can't wait to hear an original soundtrack for the setting.

literally my only two criticisms are that i would like a compass to find the last 3 pieces of trash, and you guys didn't let me meet aliyah's cat friend at the end of the tree :(

positively loved this game. putting a little more sonic the hedgehog rollercoaster sensibility into your jet set radio trick-platforming is exactly as fun as it sounds, and the village map just has sooo much love and excitement and joy built into it and it really shines through. a game with a mix of town size explorative skateparks and sonic-esque speed levels really works, too. i can't wait to see more!! also i can't wait to hear an original soundtrack for the setting.

literally my only two criticisms are that i would like a compass to find the last 3 pieces of trash, and you guys didn't let me meet aliyah's cat friend at the end of the tree :(
Thank you so much for the kind words!! Glad you had fun with the demo. Regarding the cat friend, as an apology, here's some art of the furball. Also, if you haven't found it, there's a different talking cat in Tree Act 1...
bashaconcept_01.png

Lovedddddd this, a friend and I have been dying to play this since seeing it in the showcase and it was great!! Really excited to see where this goes. Aliyah is the best. I really like that there are town missions and tons of NPCs, the hub world is so lively.

This is my favorite game that I've played from the Expo so far. everything felt great to do, and the world very easily drew me in. Very Very VERY excited to see where this game goes.

Item information

Added by
FreeSkies
Views
Comments
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings

More in Original Games

Share this item