don't click here

SAGE 2024 - Demo The New Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog (SAGE 2024 Demo)

Overview

NAoStHsage.png

The New Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog is a fangame made using GBStudio. It's a passion project of mine as the Sonic Cartoons & Archie Comics were sedimental to me growing up & helped plant the seeds of becoming a long time Sonic fan.
The Game itself takes place in a special Alternate Universe where elements of all three shows (SatAM, AoStH & Underground) co-exist in some kind of fashion. You have a choice to play through 3 zones in this demo; Peridot Coast (a beach in Mobius best known for it's unusual green sand), Marble Valley (a canyon filled with volcanic geysers) & Robotropolis (an industrial city & Primary headquarters of Bumbling villain Dr. Robotnik & his Super Sonic Search & Smash Squad!

This is actually my first time using GB Studio so please take it easy on me if you plan on reviewing this demo. Construstive Criticism is welcomed.

Sadly, there's no time to add badniks, but I plan on adding them in a future update.

Controls

Arrow Keys or (A/W/S/D) - D-Pad

Z or Alt - A Button

X or Ctrl - B Button

Requires a Game Boy emulator, BGB is recommended.

For those who don't have access to a Game Boy emulator, I've took the liberty of making a playable web version.
you can play it here: https://oasys.itch.io/new-adventures-of-sonic-the-hedgehog-sage-24-demo

Credits

SlySonic - Boxart
Beatscribe & Coffee Bat - Music & SFX
Chris Maltby - For making GB Studio
No Body The Dragon, Jon Gandee, Mastar Darkar, Gamma V, Gumpy Function, Hartflip208 & TenrecOasys - GFX

Latest reviews

Impressive! a Gameboy game, I congratulate you, this is really cool
Reactions: TenrecOasys

Comments

Nice! I've been working on my own GBStudio Sonic game too! (But I missed the deadline for SAGE24.)
Anyways, the music is great (and that's all that matters in a Sonic game, right? :emoji_laughing:) and the pixel art is very good!
The levels are simple, but seeing your previous work is for the Atari 2600/VCS, that makes sense.
I tested on original hardware (Game Boy Color) via flashcart (Game Boy Pro Max 2023) and had no issues.
Keep up the good work and I hope to see you at SAGE next year!

Edit: Somehow I only played the first zone, just played the others and, yeah the level design is better. Zone 2's music is a bop.
Also if you want more options for your engine, then I suggest a plugin called Platformer Plus.

Last edited:

Item information

Added by
TenrecOasys
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
4.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Downloads

More in Fan Games