don't click here

SAGE 2024 - Demo Toree Saturn - SAGE 2024 DEMO

Overview

Run through linear levels from point A to B with a double jumping bird while avoiding enemies, collecting stars (if desired), and getting all kinds of little speed boosts along the way.

Features:
  • - Simple to understand gameplay: Just run around and jump and you already set to get the highest rankings in each level
  • - A variety of levels with different retro and colorful themes
  • - Cool tunes inspired by late 90s as well as early Y2K styles.
  • - A bird with sunglasses and a backpack!

(New) Features (for people who played the earlier stuff):

- Toree has two new moves! The player can now use a grounddash in mid air to descend faster and get a speedboost when impacting on the ground, as well as homing in on special stars to get a height and movement boost.

- New Looks! Toree Saturns artstyle tries to be a combination of late 90s 3D with some of the more crazy looks of the early Y2K era. It's like a natural evolution of the artstyle of the previous games... I hope.

- Controlling Toree got way easier!
No more Run-Button, meaning players don't have to hold down the right trigger for ages.
Most actions (except for the trigger for the ground dash) only use the Jump button.
Ground Dash is performed by the now freed Right Trigger of your controller (LMB if K&M)

Credits

Game by Marcus Horn (Siactro)
Music by The Red Panda & Kamikaze Bitch

Latest reviews

The homing move and the drop dash-like move are such a fun addition to the Toree formula! This game is going to be super fun when it comes out!
The only thing missing was more levels. The movement is super satisfying and the game oozes style from every corner of it.

There are some times when the speed I've built up pulls me off course when I'm trying to grab coins and such at low speeds, but I soon realized that picking stuff up is for chumps and started trying to get through the level as fast as possible which was an awesome challenge.

The Battle Ship stage was not nearly as entertaining City stage for me. It's quite straight and doesn't ask much of the player. The City stage was super engaging in comparison and I would love to see more levels like it. Tight corners and multiple levels of vertical platforming feels really nice with the move set.
Such a stylish and smooth game! Highly recommended for anyone who enjoys fast-paced platforming.

Comments

I love the smooth, high-speed movement and the adorable character animation. Just watching Toree walk around makes me smile. A very fun, pretty game!

Item information

Added by
Siactro
Views
Comments
Reviews
Last update
Rating
4.86 star(s) 7 ratings

Downloads

More in Original Games

More from Siactro